Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Pencil Cup Cozy To Make a Friend Smile


A wonderful lady who has been volunteering at the pregnancy center for quite a while was just brought on as staff. We got her a few desk supplies in colors that she wanted and helped her really make her desk her own. One thing that we didn't get her was a new pencil cup. The one she had was the perfect size and she really liked it...except for the ugly brown color. Yuck! So this Tuesday while I was off I snuck into the office and while she was busy, I stealthily put all of her pencil cup items in a mason jar and snuck her pencil cup home with me to create a cozy for it that would match her new desk supplies. When I was looking for yarn at The Yarn Patch, our LYS, I came across the perfect color - Lily Sugar 'n Cream Batik Ombre. Here's what I came up with...


I had her pencil cup back on her desk with her items placed back in it and waiting for her when she got to work Wednesday. She was so surprised and happy! Which totally made my heart smile. I got the biggest hug as a 'thank you' to boot! I just love making others smile!

Thanks for visiting with me today. 
I hope that you are having a day full of love and smiles. 


♥♥♥
 We love because he first loved us.
1 John 4:19




2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! I love that yarn. I have that same color left over from some wash rags I made :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I really loved it too. LoriAnn especially loved it! I am going to have to make her something with the leftover yarn. Maybe a coaster for her desk. ;)

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com