Saturday, January 4, 2014

End of Year Update and Free Pattern Links

I have to say, that while I really feel bad for neglecting y'all, I am a bit relieved that it hadn't been as long since I posted as I thought it had been! Nevertheless, I am sorry that it has been so long. It is amazing at how fast life goes by, especially when you are working full-time. 

There are times that I really miss being home, but I couldn't see myself not being at the pregnancy center. I have never had a job before where I felt like I was a part of something bigger, where I knew I was being used (by God) to make a difference.

Work isn't the only thing that has kept me from writing. Over the last several months, Wayne and I get one day off together each week and we have been using that day to unplug, get out of the house and spend quality time together. It would be so easy to fall into that "Life is too busy" frame of mind in our marriage and we have to work extra hard not to do so. 

I have also tried to make time to be creative as I can. I need my creative outlets like I need air! Here are some of my favorites since my last post....

-Knitting-

Owl Puffs




...aren't these guys absolutely adorable? I love how each one kind of takes on it's own character. I followed the free pattern by Jenna Krupar found on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owl-puffs and I really enjoyed making each one! 

Borderless Feather Fan Cloth


This is one of my most favorite dishcloth patterns. I used the free pattern by Beth Van Horn, found on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/borderless-feather-fan-cloth. It also turns out to be one of my favorite dishclothes. This isn't my first time making this pattern, and it surely won't be my last!

-Crochet-

Amigurumi Cupcake Pattern


I've worked up several little projects, but I don't think any of them made me smile like these little guys and they only take about 10 minutes each to work up. The free pattern is by Ami Amore and can be found on Ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-cupcake-pattern or directly here: http://amiamore.blogspot.com/2013/08/celebrating-with-free-cupcakes.html

-Art-

I must admit that this is where I spend most of my creative time these days. Here are just a few of my faves:





I have had a few commission orders for custom character drawings (my FAVORITE artistic thing to do!) and recently got an order for one and the customer wanted it to be put on a mug! 




So what have YOU been into?
I hope that you had a wonderful 2013 and that you have an even better 2014!

♥♥♥
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
1 John 1:7 (NIV)

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your cupcakes look great!! I love their cute little faces!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed my pattern, thank you for the link back!!

    God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denae! And thank you so much for sharing the pattern!!! Hugs and Blessings. ♥

      Delete
  2. I'm doing ok. Been quite a journey these last couple years. How have you been? I didn't know you draw too!! Amazing you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're ok. :) It's been quite a journey here too....quite a roller coaster of ups and downs, but I'm good. Awww, thanks! I don't know about being amazing, but I really enjoy it when I get the chance to be creative. :)

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com