Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bottle Cozy

I never finished the project I mentioned in my last post. None of the patterns that I found worked with the yarn I was wanting to use, so I have laid that yarn aside for now. Over the last month I haven't done much yarnin' at all, but the last couple of days I've been itchin' to get my fingers wrapped around some!  One of the volunteers at the pregnancy center has been carrying her water bottle around in the same cozy for the last two years and I've been wanting to make her a new one. I decided to use lovestitch's free Crochet Bottle Cover pattern (also found on Ravelry). Boy, I miss her!


I made the following modifications:
Round 3: as written, except sc (not dc) and working in back loops of round 2.
Round 4: I ended up with 7 shells (not 8) with posts between.
I created a strap also. Using an US I hook, and holding two strands of yarn together. I flattened cover with ends of drawstring centered and I attached yarn with a slip stitch on one side, fourth shell down from top. I wanted it to be a cross-body strap, so it needed to be pretty long. I chained 200, then attached it to the exact opposite edge of flattened cover.

It was a very quick and pleasurable little project and I do believe that I'll make more! ☺

♥♥♥
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.--Romans 12:2




4 comments:

  1. It's pretty Anita - I'm sure your friend will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debi! I sure hope so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and how sweet to make her a new one. She'll love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you so much Gloria! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com