Friday, January 25, 2013

Invaluable Free Resource for Knitting and Crochet

Hello my friends!
Today I want to share with you exactly what the title of this post says: An invaluable free resource for knitting and crochet! I have been following the blog of New Stitch a Day for a while now because each day Johnny Vasquez shares two video tutorials, one knitting and one crochet, of a new stitch....FREE. He is very easy to understand and follow. He also occasionally shares links to other patterns we may enjoy, has all of his videos conveniently listed under his Video Stichionary for us to easily access AND offers free live video classes! There is a membership option that you can pay for to get exclusive goodies and download abilities, etc, but as much as I'd love to join, I don't financially have that option right now and that's ok, because the wealth of free info he provides is astounding and generous! For example.....

Today Johnny is having one of his free live video classes. It's called "Colorwork Knitting 102 - Double Knitting" and there is one from 10am - 11am PST and another from 6pm - 7pm PST. You do need to register for it, and I encourage you to go do so now! 

Just for the record, I do not get paid for or reimbursed in any way by anyone for sharing this info with you. I just think it's a pretty darn awesome resource and didn't want to be stingy and keep it all to myself. ☺ I am also going to add the link to my sidebar for future reference. 

---♥---

On a personal note, I hope that you have been doing absolutely amazing! Since going back to work on the 7th after a two week break for the holidays, I have been absolutely swamped at work! Also, on December 29, 2012 I re-joined Weight Watchers. I also joined a local gym that is an extension of our local hospital. So far, by the Lord's strength and grace, I have lost 7.2 lbs! I am absolutely giddy with excitement! I will probably share some of my successes, and even some failures here, but I will be sharing more detailed on a blog that I started specifically for my healthy journey if you're interested. Some days it's just my stats from my food and activity tracker, but others I talk about what I'm feeling and/or going through. I hope to one day been an inspiration to someone else who has a large amount of weight to lose. It also adds that extra layer of accountability for me to see it through.  

I have been knitting and crocheting alot, but I've been trying to find a pattern that works well with a certain yarn that I have and I'll get started on a pattern, not like how it is working up in that yarn and end up frogging it. I think I've finally found the pattern that's going to work! I hope to be able to share my results with you soon. ☺

I hope you have an abundantly blessed day!

♥♥♥
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness. --Psalm 29:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com