Friday, December 28, 2012

A Little Bit o' Yarnin'

I hope that you had a very Merry Christmas. We sure did! I have the luxury of having a job that closes for two weeks for the holidays, so I've got plenty of time on my hands to get some knitting and crocheting done. So far I've made this hat for my very dear friend Tiffany for Christmas...

 

When I started the Early Morning Beret by Hannah Fettig it was free, but by the time I got to the decrease part she had added it to her Simple Beret pattern, which is a pay-for pattern. I don't mind paying for a pattern that I particularly like, but Christmas gift-giving had left me as broke as a church mouse, so I looked at the JC Slouchy Hat, a free pattern by Sandra Ruppert, to get an idea of how to do the decreases for this type of hat to get the top to look like I wanted. Overall I like how it turned out, but I wish it was a little less dense and a little more floppy. 

Then I made these two hats from the same pattern...

   

They are made from the L.A.M.B inspired hat free pattern by dexterchickk on Ravelry (you can also go directly to it on Craftster, and if you scroll down you'll see pics). This was such a super-easy pattern and I love the way this hat turned out! I used the US H hook that was called for in the pattern and it resulted in a hat that I had to force on….I was hoping that this would be a good thing and that it would fit the 11 year old that I made it for perfectly, however, it was just as snug on her, so I made the second hat using a US J hook and that made it fit pretty comfortably on me. I haven't had the chance to give it to her yet, so hopefully it won't be TOO big on her. I do plan on making more of these hats!

Once that was done I came across this pin on Pinterest and it inspired me to make another Log Cabin Washcloth, from the free pattern by Purl Soho that I had enjoyed in the past.  (Go directly to the pattern on the purl bee here.)


I stopped before the last "round" because it was as big as I wanted it at this point. That's one really awesome thing about a log cabin knit...it's easy to make it as big or small as you'd like! As before, I really enjoyed this pattern. I don't know why in the world I don't make more of these, or at the very least, more log cabin projects!

♥♥♥
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. --Philippians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com