Friday, February 17, 2012

ASE....Keepin' it Real???

Since I've started working at the pregnancy center I really haven't had much free time to knit and/or crochet, which means less knitting and crochet-oriented posts. The resulting quagmire is whether or not I make a post if it doesn't relate to knitting and/or crochet...

What do you think? 

----♥----


So, I was grocery shopping today and a little girl (around 3/4) kept telling what I assumed was her grandma, "she's fat.....she's fat"....broke my heart....the grandma never said anything like, "honey, we don't say things like that" which really bothered me, but I couldn't really get mad at the little girl because....it's true. I do wonder though, who teaches 3/4 year olds that someone is "fat"? They have to learn it somewhere......
Not only was my heart was broken, I was mortified! As soon as I got home I joined Weight Watchers online. The worst part? The grown up didn't even try to correct her....it's ok...I had my cry...then prayed...ALOT...then talked to Wayne....in the end, I'm hoping to use WW to get back on the right track and we'll see how I proceed from there. 
I stepped on the scale today and I haven't gained back any of the weight that I'd already lost (whoot!), but I haven't lost any more either.
In the past, I've had people ask me when I was "due" (when I was alot smaller than I am now) and had other "babies" make comments about me being fat, but today's events have sure given me a kick in the pants...just pray for me....I'm really going to need God to succeed...

Thank you my friends.
♥Anita

♥♥♥
Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Luke 6:31

10 comments:

  1. Anita, you are one of the most special people I have ever "met". Your beauty on the inside far outweighs any "extra pounds" you may have....God doesn't make mistakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura! ((Big Hugs))♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, I enjoy all your posts, whether knit/crochet-oriented or otherwise. Please post where your heart leads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the encouragement Lisa! I really appreciate you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened upon you...someone shared a link to your flag pillow with me. Brilliant! But then I found this post. You know, I had something very similar happen to me at one point in my life...in fact, many years ago...and the pain of it is just as real today as it was then. A friend's child...she was 8 at the time...I had picked her up and was holding her and she looked me straight in the eye and asked why I was so fat. Her father never heard it - he was out of ear range. Why is it that the words of a child like that can be so cutting? It's been a lifelong struggle for me...down 80, up 80...and after two rounds of breast cancer, I'm just glad to be alive...even with the 80. No magic words from here...just wanted to say I have felt your pain...and it sucks! Good luck with your WW...it's a wonderful organization. May you be blessed with good health and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stopped by your blog...What a lovely blanket! Thank you so much for taking the time to write up, and share, the pattern. This is going on my To-do list!

    I want to thank you for stopping by my blog and for your wonderful comment full of encouraging support. While I hate that anyone has to go through anything similar & feel as mortified and heartbroken as I did, I do appreciate you letting me know that I am not alone in my pain.

    Your commented prompted an update (you can find that here: http://aseknc.blogspot.com/2012/03/asekeepin-it-real-update.html)

    Congratulations on coming out on top through two rounds of breast cancer! It surely does put things in perspective.

    Take care my new friend. I hope to see you around alot more. :)

    May your life be abundantly blessed!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita - I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I am sending you a big ((hug)). :)

    (Hopefully, a responsible adult will one day explain to that little girl that it's not nice to say things like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Debi. I really hope so too! Hugs and blessings to you my sweet friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anita! I see you haven't updated your blog lately, but I wanted to let you know that You have earned the "Versatile Blogger Award". This honor is given to those with special, heartfelt and educational blogs. You can come to my blog, Taz's Corner, and get your button to add to your blog! It is on the top righthand side of my of blog...All I ask is that you pass the award on to a few of your favorite bloggers that inspire and touch you...Enjoy, and stay sweet!

    Laura Thykeson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura! I actually updated my blog just the other day. You can read the update here: http://aseknc.blogspot.com/2012/03/asekeepin-it-real-update.html

    Thank you so much for the award!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com