Thursday, July 14, 2011

God Is So Awesome!

I've been having a rough go of it lately...feeling lonely and, as my Daddy used to say, "I feel so d*mn unnecessary"...and not having any girl friends to hang out with, chat with and confide in....nowhere to go and nothing to do (ever!)...it's all been getting to me and really bringing me down. 

Today I ask God to lead me and guide me....show me what I can do...I immediately got an answer and felt Him telling me to volunteer....

"Huh? Volunteer doing what???"

....again, I felt Him speak to me and tell me to go to the local pregnancy crisis center....

"but what if they don't have a spot for me?"

....then I got this thought that if He wanted me there, then there would be a spot...and if there's not a spot, then He will make one....

"Ok God, I'm steppin' out in faith here. I'm gonna believe that you are fillin' a need and I'm gonna go."

....and the Director of Operations was working the desk, and I told her "I'm here to help. If you need me, I'm offering my time." She was floored. She got the most dumb-founded look on her face and said "really?" She ask what brought me there, and I told her. Come to find out, they had been really praying for help. 

So, I filled out the application and met the CEO and she's calling my references tomorrow and I go in Monday at 9am. 

There is no feeling like the one you get when you blatantly see God's hand at work and there's no other way to explain it.  And, I can't help but feel that God is opening a door that I can't even see yet. 

Yep, God is so AWESOME!
♥♥♥
He who earnestly seeks after and craves righteousness, mercy, and loving-kindness will find life in addition to righteousness (uprightness and right standing with God) and honor.
Proverbs 21:21 (AMP)

9 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy volunteering at the pregnancy center Anita. My husband used to volunteer at our local center before his work schedule was switched around. He would talk to the young fathers that would come in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debi, I sure hope so too. I think it's awesome that your husband used to do that as well! I am really excited about helping out there. Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story and testimony Anita. I'm sure your work will be very fulfilling and rewarding. Enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Heather! I pray that I will be a blessing to those that come in.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anita, I know exactly what you mean, the feeling so alone and I also know when HE speaks! You were praying ... they (pregancy center) were praying... (I always knew you are a gift from God.) If nothing more then meeting them, that's what you were supposed to do. Waiting to hear the rest. You certainly are doing God's work. Bless you dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glor your words touch my heart my dear friend, thank you so much! You have always been such a blessing from God to me. I love ya girl!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, we have sooo much in common!! We both are Christians, we both have struggled with depression, we both homeschool two teenagers, we both crochet, we both have a very small support system .... I wish we lived closer!! (Maybe we do and don't even know it! LOL!!) Thank you so much for sharing this ... what an encouragement to step out in faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way to feel lonely or useless when you put yourself into God's hands and volunteer. Happy for you to find a place to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa....Sounds like we DO have alot in common! Hmmm...me thinks me should visit your profile and see if I can find your email address. =o) Thank YOU my friend!

    RoamingKnitter....thank you so much for your wonderfully encouraging comment!

    Big hugs to you both!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com