Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Little Gnome

Hey guys! 
Here's the latest little crochet project I worked up...

I used the pattern 'Simply a Gnome!' amigurumi pattern from Else's Bellas Artes free patterns (also find it on Ravelry).

I modified it to make it just the right size for a keychain by switching to tan yarn at end of round 7, switching to blue at the end of round 10, and finishing off at the end of round 15. For the bottom I finished off at the end of round 4.  I also just freehand cut out a smaller beard. For the loop I attached yarn to the first row on the gnome hat with a slip stitch, single chained 15, then joined with a slip stitch to the next stitch right beside the beginning slip stitch and voila! =o)

I made this little guy for a swap on Swap-bot and it is going to be so hard to give him away....luckily he's so super-quick & easy to make I can make another one to keep for myself! ..hehehehe

Hope y'all are having a great week so far!
Love ya's!
♥♥♥
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
2 Corinthians 5:17

12 comments:

  1. He's really cute. I love all the little gnome things that have come out since the movie Gnomeo and Juliet. Hope you are doing well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! Gnomes have really had their own little following for quite some time...I think they are so cute!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if this isn't the cutest little guy I have seen. Just adorable. Just have to smile when you see him. Nice work. Have a lovely day sweet Anita! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehehe....thanks Glor! He makes me smile too...I am definitely going to have to make another one for myself! Have a beautiful day my dear friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Anita! I heart him! Thanks for your sharing, I can't wait to give him a try!
    Hope you have a great weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you LS! You're very welcome, I know you'll love making him! *hugs*♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Anita!
    I heart your gnome, too!

    Glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary!
    Thanks for your kind comment, the follow and for letting me know how you found me as well! I look forward to visiting your little space on the web too! Have a wonderful day my new friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog Anita. This is so cute. Someday I will learn how to crochet. I want to know how to do flowers and trims for mixed-media. Lord bless your day.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Coleen! You're welcome and thanks to you too! Hugs and blessings!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com