Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit-a Book Review

This Book was reviewed for BookSneeze blogger review program and while I do get the books/DVDs that I review for free, I don't get any financial compensation for my reviews.  I also want to assure you that I will always give you my honest opinions about any books/DVDs that I choose to review.  I am not a professional writer or reviewer and my reviews will be in my everyday, southern, girl-next-door language.  I call it like I see it and type it like I say it.  With that said, on to the review!

♥♥♥


The Final Summit is a stand-alone sequel to Andy Andrews bestselling book The Traveler's Gift and follows David Ponder as he, along with other 'Travelers', work together to find the one principle that will save humanity. 

I have to say Andy Andrews is becoming my favorite author! I love his way of drawing the reader into the story while teaching principles to live by...without seeming "preachy." This is the second book I have read by him (the first, by the way, was not The Traveler's Gift, though I definitely will be getting a copy of that one soon!) and just as with the first book I read, The Final Summit had me hooked from the beginning and I didn't want to put it down! It really is such a motivational and interesting book, littered with many historical facts (and some little known facts at that), sparking an interest to not only read on, but to also learn more about the historical figures involved. Truly enjoyable from beginning to end!

Speaking of the end, at the back of the book is a Reader's Guide section filled with personal thought provoking questions designed to help you use this book to dig deeper into your own mind and heart and motivate you. There is also a link to an exclusive video and free companion curriculum for teachers and book clubs. 

Not only do I highly recommend this book, but I will be incorporating it into our family's homeschool lessons as I think it contains such great lessons for life!

♥♥♥
O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief.
   -- Psalm 143:1

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anita,thanks for the review, sounds like an author I would like to get to know. Hoping those nasty migraines are staying away. Take good care. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gloria, I know you would love to read his books! He is one of those authors that really speak to you...and the books seem to take no time at all to get through.

    The migraines actually have been givin' me a break...hope yours are leaving you alone too! Big hugs and abundant blessings to you my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very interesting I will look into buying this one .
    Thanks for the review and I hope that those migraines stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome & thanks! I'm really enjoyin' the break from the migraines! LoL.♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com