Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cute Little Crochet Bunny

When I first saw the post for the free pattern for this little bunny at à voir etc... it just didn't strike me. Then I saw this post over at Little Z Handmade and Oh-My-Goodness!! Lisette did such an adorable job that I all but literally squealed at the cute! I knew immediately that I had to make this little cutie and with Easter being this month I thought it was the perfect opportunity.
Here's how mine turned out.....
What d'ya think?
I have to warn you that the pattern isn't very detailed and so not really beginner-friendly, but easy enough to figure out if you are already familiar with making amigurumi and the increasing and decreasing the rounds. Also, for the ears directions are only given for rounds 1 & 2; I repeated round 2 until I had completed 20 rounds total for each ear. 

Here's a close-up of the flowers....
I used the free pattern for these adorable hairbows from the Lion Brand Yarn website. (You can also find it on Ravelry.)
I used size 10 crochet cotton and US 4 steel hook. For the white center flower I used the pattern for the large flower and I used the pattern for the small flower for the smallest purple flower. The largest purple was a modified version of the large flower pattern: R1 same as in pattern; R2 I used hdc in place of each sc; R3 I did 2 hdc, slst in each st around. Then I just stacked them and sewed 'em on!

♥♥♥
For the word of God is alive and active.
Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

12 comments:

  1. Anita, this is ADORABLE! LOVE your little bunny, and I think the little flower barrette is very sweet touch! I'll have to look these patterns up!.. Funny, I was just getting out my threads yesterday to crochet some flowers, but I just hadn't found the time to make them yet! Maybe fate played a role so that I could see your 3-layered ones first! (0; Have a great day! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tina! Don't you just love when things work out that way? Have a beautiful day my friend!
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute bunny...makes me want to pull out my hooks and create one (or a few)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you T! You definitely should! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bunny is ADORABLE! I so wish I could do something like this. The counting and my inability to do one thing at a time makes it impossible. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julia! Actually, I use stitch markers so I don't have to count. I have a hard time working on one thing for a long period of time, so I tend to work on quick-finish projects. Have a great rest of your weekend hun!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply adorable and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Clara! I just finished two more in pastel pink and blue....such sweet little critters!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh what a sweetie .
    i also wanted to try , but im to busy now , maybe im going to do it in the summervacation

    greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Roos! You should definitely give it a go when you have time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that my bunny inspired you! :) I love the little blush cheeks and crocheted flower you added

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it most certainly did Lisette!! Thank you so much for stopping by and for your lovely comment!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com