Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just Checking In...

Hello my friends! 
I hope every one of you are having a wonderful week!

I've had a rough couple of weeks here...we thought we were going to lose our baby scruppy to Parvo. To answer any thoughts otherwise, yes, she had been vaccinated but sometimes the vaccines just aren't enough and this was one of those times. It started out mild enough and when we realized on the 3rd day that it wasn't just a run-of-the-meal tummy virus we took her to the vet and after diagnosing her he wasn't too worried because she was still well hydrated so he sent her home with medications but by the next morning she had to be hospitalized in critical care.  I can't express how scared I was or how much my heart was breaking at the thought of losing her! She really is my baby.  This house was so empty and lifeless and the whole family was so out of sorts without her here. Thankfully, God does answer prayers and Chloe is now home and perking up more and more every day...YaY! I do have to insert here that only 20% of dogs with Parvo survive if they aren't treated by a vet compared to 80% that survive when treated. PLEASE, if your dog contracts Parvo, I urge you to take him/her to the vet. Do not just "wait it out" at home. Also, the only thing that will kill the virus in your home is bleach. A 30:1 solution of water and bleach is what's needed. Take care of your babies!

♥♥♥
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
1 John 5:14

12 comments:

  1. Go Chloe, go! Isn't it amazing how such a small creature can be such a big part of our lives! I'm so glad she's recovering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is amazing isn't it! Chloe and I both thank you lots!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad things are OK now. These little fur children quickly steal our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shirl! They sure do!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm soooo glad little Chloe is better. What a little fighter! How blessed you all are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Anita, I am so glad that she is doing better and will be ok. They are such wonderful parts of the family and offer such unconditional love. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Gloria!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita! So happy to hear your puppy is all right...I know how it is when it seems they aren't going to make it...when my dog was a small puppy he got really sick, and when I took him to the vet, he said that Buddy had picked up a virus or bacteria from the pig's ear that the pet store had sent home with him...he said to never let your pet chew on them! Thankfully we were able to get Buddy in on a Saturday because he wouldn't have made it through the weekend...and parvo is awful...my sister's puppy died from it after being vaccinated too...thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your kind words...hope to see you at Just Be Yourself!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anita!
    I'm so glad that Buddy is healthy now too! I'm sorry about your sister's puppy. It really is so heartbreaking to lose a fur baby...we become so attached to them and they become like one of our children. I'll definitely see you at Just Be Yourself! Hugs right back at ya my friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable pets and I am so happy they are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much! Me too! I was so scared!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com