Sunday, January 9, 2011

So Sweet!

I love how well my babies get along!
These two wrestle and play one minute...you'd think they were gonna chew a hole in each other...then they are cuddled up to each other the next. They'll give each other kisses and Zoe will bath Chloe...sometimes it's so sweet it's unbearable!

Since it's Sunday there's no new incoming mail to post, but I have been creating creating art and getting mail ready to go out. I'll have to wait and show those when they've reached their destination so as not to spoil any surprises. :o)

I can show you this art journal entry that I started last night though. I just finished it this morning....

I also have a doily to share with you ;o)
I first saw this one on Creative Jewish Mom's website. Her doily turned out so pretty that I couldn't wait to give it a go!
The Spider Web Doily is a free pattern on the Coats and Clark website.
I love it! I really enjoyed the pattern; it really is so super easy to work up and would be a perfect doily project for someone who would love to try a doily but has been too intimidated by them to plunge in and go for it. That was me for years!...please, don't wait years...not when there are beautiful doilies just waiting to be made and easy patterns like this to get you started!

I will leave you with a quote today that really does ring true...
"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
Lewis B. Smedes
Be blessed my friends!
♥♥♥
But now be strong O Zerubbabel, declares the Lord. Be strong, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the Lord, and work. For I am with you, declares the Lord almighty.
Haggai 2:4 (NIV)

7 comments:

  1. How cute are your furrie ones. Adorable! Loving your journal entry as your card for Linda from yesterday's post. Beautiful! Of course, the doily has captured my interest, ohhhhh love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita, Your doily looks amazing! So glad you took the dive, it was my first too! I did try something years ago with that thin cotton for tatting and traditional doilies, but it was just too tedious! I love making doilies with regular yarn, it makes so much more sense! All the best and happy crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your babies are so cute together...ahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, your animals look so sweet all snuggled up together and your quote rings so true! Hope you are having a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gloria ... thank you so much my friend! Every time I make a doily now I think of you. I may have went on forever and not gotten brave enough to try one if you hadn't had that one crochet along. Love ya!♥

    Sara ... thank you so much for your sweet comment AND for sharing your results and the pattern link! I like doing doilies with regular yarn too sometimes and it did take me quite a while before I could get used to working with the crochet thread but, like everything else, you improve with practice. I'd suggest starting out with small projects like bookmarks to get your hands used to it.

    Linda and Heather ... Thank you both so much for your sweet comments!

    Hugs to you all!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, the creative juices are just flowing through your entire being! Very nice work! Your pets are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clara, your heart just shines everywhere you go my friend. I'm so glad you're back to hangin' out in blogland with us!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com