Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Wishes and My Creative Update

I sure hope that you had the merriest of Christmas' and that your year is starting out abundantly blessed and that it continues to be so blessed right on through to the end of 2011!

We had a wonderful Christmas here at the Elmore house!
We got Jeremy a Craftsman tool set & he's a big Chevy fan, so I designed and made this throw for him...
I think he was just about as thrilled with the throw as he was the expensive tool set! Talk about makin' a Mama feel good! :o)
Damon got a new bass guitar and I made him this Bob Marley-style rasta tam...
I do believe he slept in it for two nights in a row. LoL I sure do love that my boys enjoy things that I make for them so much. 

I have been keepin' creative since my last post too.
My internet was down for 24 hours from Wednesday morning until Thursday morning and I completed 4 crochet projects! All I was in the mood to do that day was crochet. I'll be sharing pics individually over the next few days and I'll be sharing the links to the patterns as well.

I've also been making loads of ATCs and Postcards for various Swap-bot swaps... (I am only posting pics of things that have been received by the swap-ee)

I've even had the opportunity to sit down with my art journal again--YaY!!!

And today I am spending a very relaxing day at home and I'm actually KNITTING! It's been a long time since I've picked up my knitting needles and I didn't realize how very much I missed it.

Until next time, take care my friends!
♥♥♥
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

12 comments:

  1. Wishing you a happy and creative 2011! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that your son's are enjoying their crocheted presents - makes a heart feel good.
    Have a happy, healthy and yarn-filled New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go, knocking my socks off again. Great blanket, incredible! The hat ... well no wonder he slept in it! Your work is always beautiful. The cards speak for them selves. Where do you find the time? Blessings today and thru the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gloria, you always say the sweetest things! Thank you so much. As for finding time....I can't just sit and relax. If I'm watching TV with the family I'm working on something...once I'm done teaching the boys their lessons and they work on their assignments, I have to keep myself busy by working on something creative....I even have to take projects (usually knitting or crochet) when we get out and go anywhere....I wish I could just sit and relax sometimes! LoL
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the calendar challenge Anita. Look forward to seeing your creations throughout the year. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Anita! Your boys will cherish those gorgeous handmade gifts years beyond the tools and guitar. Can't wait to see the knitting project you're starting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yay! Thanks Kate, I'm so glad I wasn't too late to join in!

    Thank you Lisa!
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. wishing you a fabulous 2011 and looks like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, as always. You lucky family benefits from all your creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clara, you say the sweetest things!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com