Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Creativity Update-Includes Baby Sweater From Free Crochet Pattern With Link!

Hello my friends!
It's been another stir crazy kinda day here. The sun was shining so beautifully...sun rays through my windows is like an instant dose of energy for me...Gotta love that!

One of the patterns that I told you I would share pics of & links to is this adorable little Hexagon Baby Sweater/Jacket...
I always tend to make girlie things when I work on baby projects (maybe it's because not having a girl, girlie things are a bit refreshing), so I thought this time I would make something for a boy. I'll add buttons to it when I find just the right ones.  This pattern was so very easy to follow and to work up! My very favorite kind! I don't like fold down collars much...especially on a baby...so I just worked the collar the same way I did my trim...also different, LoL, seems like I can just never work a pattern as written! For the trim I wanted to add an extra color, as these colors were how I had envisioned it from the beginning, and to do that without have a huge band I had to switch to sc instead of dc. All-in-all, I think it worked out nicely!

As if I needed another challenge to add to my plate, I joined in on Kate's Calendar Challenge over at The Kathryn Wheel. To give you a quick low-down on what it's about, each month I'll be making my own calendar...I'll be making mine in my art journal...and each day I will write or draw something that pertains to that day's square. I completed January's calendar today...my very first one....

I also wanted to share with you this beautiful mail I got from my mail art pal Nicole....
Isn't it all just gorgeous! I can't tell you how happy I am when I open my mailbox to find something Nicole has made to send me!

Here's a collage I made of some of the art that I sent out today and/or got notified that they were received today...
Being creative makes me so happy!

Before I sign off for the night, I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my babies too.
We have a new edition to the Elmore household....
Her name is Zoe. 
 Here she is playing in Mommy's yarn basket.

One of her favorite places to be is crawled up under someone's legs for a nap. I am assuming it's the warmth, or maybe it's just the way your legs wrap around her...like swaddling a baby.....
...this is her cuddled up under Blue's legs this time.

It only took a few days for her and Chloe to become the best of sisters and friends! It is so cute to watch them play and wrestle...they even play tug with each other with Chloe's bo-bo. Then when they wear each other out, the crawl up on the couch together and nap....

Ok, that's enough for one day. Thank you all so much for letting me share my creativity and my life with you. I sure do love you guys!
♥♥♥
Then David continued, 'Be strong and courageous and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the temple of the Lord is finished correctly.
1 Chronicles 28:20 (NLT)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, just a note to tell you I loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable kitten! Such a sweetie!
    The calender challenege looks fantastic! I might have to get started on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so very much!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pets are adorable! I also really like your blog. It seems you are like me...very willing to share ideas and info with others. I also see you did some "Zentangle" designs...I just started doing a little of that over the holidays. Relaxing!

    Misty
    www.mistysart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Misty! Zentangle is relaxing...I really enjoy doing it! I'm so glad you stopped by!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the January calendar! Well and everything you do! LOL

    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, that is so sweet Tee, thank you!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zoe is ADORABLE! I wish I could get a kitten. I am doing the calendar challenge too. I had trouble figuring out how to make all those squares fit in my art journal! LOVE your mail art. It is so fun to do and I think it brightens people's day. Have fuN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Didi, thank you! It is definitely a job to get the squares all on there....I'm thinkin' next time I may use circles...or better yet it will be February's so maybe hearts! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. To sum up this post....lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com