Thursday, December 9, 2010

Merry Christmas from Me ---> ASE's Little Lamb Crochet Pattern is Now FREE!

This pattern was a paid pattern, but as my Christmas gift to all of my crocheting followers, I am now offering it to you for free. Merry Christmas friends!

ASE's Little Lamb Crochet Pattern
©Anita Elmore aka ASE Knits 'n' Crochets
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc@gmail.com
You may not sell or claim this pattern as your own.
You may, however, sell any items you make using this pattern, all that I ask is that you give me credit as the designer with the info above.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.

Please enjoy!

Materials Needed
Yarn
  • Worsted Weight Yarn, 2 colors (I used white and tan)
Hook
  • US F/5 (3.75mm)
Notions
  • Stitch marker for marking beginning of rounds
  • Black safety eyes OR black thread/yarn to embroider eyes
  • Poly-fil or stuffing of your choice
  • Optional: Rubber bouncy ball (the kind you get from a quarter vending machine) to put in body as counter weight to aid standing on it's own. Please note, some of my testers didn't use the ball and still had no issues with their little lambs standing up on their own however, when I didn't use a bouncy ball my little lamb fell right on its nose!

Finished Size
*
Length  8"
Height  5"
Width  3.75"
*when using recommended size hook and yarn

Terms and Abbreviations Used

  • CO    cast on
  • ch     chain
  • sc      single chain
  • sts     stitches
  • sl st   slip stitch
  • FO     finish off

Notes
  • Each piece is worked in continuous rounds; do not join with a slip stitch at end of rounds. Use stitch marker to mark beginning of round moving it up as your work progresses.
  • When finishing off each piece, be sure to leave long tails to use for sewing.
  • Be creative!  Use your imagination and give your little lamb some personality. Try using different colors, making eyes further apart, closer together, higher up or lower down on the face. I made this one looking to the side and down a little (kind of bashful looking), but you may want yours looking straight ahead or directly to the side...it's up to you, just have fun with your creation!

Body
With White
Round 1: Ch 2, sc 6 in 2nd ch from hook (6)
Round 2: 2sc in ea st around (12)
Round 3: 2sc in ea st around (24)
Round 4: (sc in next 3 sts, 2sc in next st)6x (30)
Round 5: (sc in next 4 sts, 2sc in next st)6x (36)
Round 6: (sc in next 5 sts, 2sc in next st)6x (42)
Round 7: (sc in next 6 sts, 2sc in next st)6x (48)
Round 8-22: sc in ea st around (48)
*Stuff body
Round 23: (sc in next 6 sts, sc2tog)6x (42)
Round 24: (sc in next 5 sts, sc2tog)6x (36)
Round 25: (sc in next 4 sts, sc2tog)6x (30)
Round 26: (sc in next 3 sts, sc2tog)6x (24)
*If using rubber ball, place at end of stuffing already placed in body, centered approximately over the back legs, stuff more
Round 27: (sc2tog)around (12)
Round 28: (sc2tog)around (6)
FO, complete stuffing & cinch closed.

Legs (make 4)
With Tan
Round 1: Ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4)
Round 2: 2 sc in ea st around (8)
Round 3: 2 sc in ea st around (16)
Round 4: In back loops only- sc in ea st around (16)
Round 5-10: sc in ea st around (16)
Join with sl st & FO
*Stuff each leg & sew to body.

Tail
With White
Round 1: Ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4)
Round 2: 2 sc in ea st around (8)
Round 3-5: sc in ea st around (8)
Round 6: (sc2tog)4x (4)
Join with sl st & FO
*No need to stuff tail, just pinch open end together & sew to one end of body.

Face/Head
With Tan
Round 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6)
Round 2: 2 sc in ea st around (12)
Round 3: 2 sc in ea st around (24)
Round 4: sc in next 5 sts, 2sc in next 3 sts, (sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next st)3x, 2sc in next 2 sts, sc in next 5 sts (32)
Round 5: (sc in next 3 sts, 2sc in next st)7x, sc in next 4 sts (39)
Round 6: sc in next 10 sts, 2sc in next st, (sc in next 8 sts, 2sc in next st)2x, sc in next 10 sts (42)
Round 7-11: sc in ea st around (42)
Round 12: (sc in next 5 sts, sc2tog)5x, sc in next 7 sts (37)
Round 13: sc in next 7 sts, (sc2tog, sc in next 4 sts)5x (32)
Round 14: (sc in next 5 sts, sc2tog)4x, sc in next 4 sts (28)
Round 15: sc in next 4 sts, (sc2tog, sc in next 4 sts)4x (24)
Round 16: sc in ea st around (24)
Join with sl st & FO
*Add safety eyes on row 13, about 4 stitches apart; stuff & begin "fleece" section as follows:
Attach White Yarn
Round 1-2: sc in ea st around (24)
Round 3: (sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog)6x (18)
Round 4: (sc 2tog)9x (9)
Round 5: (sc2tog)3x, FO & cinch closed.
*Sew to front of body, with flatter side against the body.

Ears (make 2)
With Tan
Round 1: Ch 2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4)
Round 2: 2 sc in ea st around (8)
Round 3-4: sc in ea st around (8)
Round 5: (sc2tog)4x (4)
Round 6: sc in ea st around (4)
Join with sl st & FO
*No need to stuff ears, just pinch open end together & sew on either side of head on the first row below white of "fleece" section.

♥♥♥
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.
Proverbs 17:1 NIV

27 comments:

  1. He's so cute Anita - thanks for sharing your pattern with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh La La, he is soooooo handsome!!! Thanks for sharing the patter, gonna have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends!
    Debi, you're most welcome hun.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anita!.. I'm smiling, here on MY side of MY computer, as I just saw another post, feeling disappointed that your sheep was a KNITTING pattern! (0; THEN, I found your post for the crocheted one!!.. HOORAY for Anita! Thank you for sharing your CROCHET pattern for this adorable li'l lamb!!! I can't wait to make one, just as soon as time allows!!.. And Merry Christmas to you too! ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tina, I am so glad you like it! I would love to see how it turns out when you do get the chance to make it. Have a wonderfully blessed day my friend! ((hugs)) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita! Thank you for your visit! This little lamb is SO cute! I'm afraid I never learned to knit nothing more than a straight scarf :( This makes me want to take lessons for sure! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait! I just noticed you have this in a crochet pattern too! I'm little better at that but not much. Will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See...I got ya covered! LoL
    If it helps, I had a total beginner as one of the testers for the pattern and was told that it was extremely easy for a beginner so I think you'd do just fine with it. I'd love to see how it turns out if you try it. :o) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this beautiful pattern!
    I love sheep and I think to do it for myself!
    I love it!
    thanks,
    marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome! I'd love to see how it turns out if you try it!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for a suitable cow pattern, this would be ideal, just change the colour and add some udders :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! When I made this Little Lamb pattern it was my desire to make patterns for a variety of animals and various cute things...a cow being one of them. :) Unfortunately, I had several life-altering events and changes happen in my life, one of which was that I got involved in a ministry. This ministry has been the most fulfilling job I've ever had (other than being a Mom!) and it has kept me busy and on my toes ever since. :) I do hope to get back to designing one day. I'd really love to see what you come up with and would happily accept an email (mail to aseknc at gmail dot com) with pics of your finished cow. :)

      Delete
  12. This is my version of your Little Lamb. Thanks for share. Hugs from São Paulo - Brazil

    http://desdeotempodavovo.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/ofelia-ovelha-em-croche.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia!
      Thank you so much for sharing your post with me...she is absolutely adorable!! Thank you for linking to my pattern on Ravelry as well. :) I would love to feature your version of my Little Lamb on my blog if that would be ok and I would link back to your blog as well to give you credit and maybe some new readers. :)

      Delete
    2. Anita
      You can show my version of little lamb on your blog, feel free for that . I like to share my works with people around the world. Thank you very much

      Delete
    3. Thank you Marcia! I hope you have a truly blessed day! ♥

      Delete
  13. I like this pattern, it's easy to understand for beginners like me. I can't wait to finish it, I did the body and the 4 legs and tomorow I hope finish my lamb for Easter. Thank you very much for sharing this pattern with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristina! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the pattern. You are very welcome! I'd love to see how it turns out. Have a blessed Easter! ♥

      Delete
    2. Hi, I've just finished my little lamb after your pattern and I love it. Here it is http://cristinacrosteaza.blogspot.ro/2014/04/jucarii-din-nou.html ! :) Thank you! Have a nice day!

      Delete
    3. Oh Cristina, How cute!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Would you mind if I shared a picture of your little lamb on my blog? I would link to you and your blog with it, of course! :) Hugs and Blessings, ♥Anita

      Delete
    4. I'm glad that my lamb is up to your expectations and that you like it. Of course you can share my version of little lamb on your blog and I thank you for this. :)

      Delete
    5. I changed a little bit my blog address, I noticed a writting mistake. Here is my new address http://cristinacroseteaza.blogspot.ro/2014/04/jucarii-din-nou.html . Thank you! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
    6. Thank you so much Cristina! ♥

      Delete
  14. I love your pattern! I've made several of these little guys and they are always a hit. And I'm making it my project for the week on my blog. Thank you for sharing this pattern for free. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly!! I am honored that you love the pattern so much! You are very welcome. YOU are amazing in my book! ♥

      Delete
  15. I have made several of these as giveaways for Samaritan's Purse for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I am so blessed that my pattern is being used to bless others!! ♥

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com