Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Incoming Creativity and Free Crochet Bookmark Patterns

Hello my wonderful friends!
Do you miss actual postal service delivered "snail mail" as much as I do did?
I look so forward to going to check my mail these days. Every time I turn the key I feel like I am opening a gift on Christmas morning, just wondering what's inside! Sometimes it's the mail equivalent to socks (junk mail) but sometimes I get something so fun and gorgeous that I feel like I am 10 years old and just got the one thing I've been dreaming about all year! Something like these wonderful pieces of mail art....
 that were sent "just because," 
or these lovelies sent to me as part of a swap...
This set was from Nikki for the Willowing.ning November Butterflies ATC swap, and here's what I sent her....
 and this ATC was from Leila for the Blissfull ATC Swap for December, the theme was angels...
 and this is the one I sent her...
Now that the holidays are upon us I have even gotten a couple of gorgeous Christmas postcards from a couple of my wonderfully creative friends, Laura and Courtney...
 I sent out tons of handmade Christmas postcards as well! You can view them on my flickr page.
Cards aren't the only thing I've been creating lately either! I have made quite a few postcards and ATCs (ATCs are Artist Trading Cards) that I can't show right now because their recipients haven't gotten them yet. 

I've also been doing alot of crochet work on Christmas presents and little extras to send out with my swaps. Like this swan bookmark...
I followed this pattern and I have to say, for the most part it was easy, but I had some trouble figuring out the way/direction I was supposed to be working the pattern where it transitions from the head to the neck of the swan. I think it turned out ok, but in the end, I still think that the neck is twisted, and I don't think it's supposed to be. 
I also made this sunflower bookmark...
I started out intending to use this free pattern, but once I started on it, it just wasn't looking like I was envisioning so I frogged it and made up my own. I will post what I did in a separate post all it's own for ease of finding and using, so you'll get two posts today! :o)

♥♥♥
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.
Proverbs 17:22 NLT

6 comments:

  1. I love snail mail! Just something about the old fashioned way of communicating. You've got lots of pretty surprises there - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to get snail mail too, especially this time of year. I enjoyed looking at all your pretties! Merry Christmas! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been so busy making such wonderful presents. You are very talented. Thank you for the links! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, there is just something about the old fashioned way of communicating, huh? Even when what I receive isn't so much mail ART, but just a lovely hand-written note it still touches my heart just the same and if it weren't for swaps and penpals, it would appear that old fashioned letters and mail is on its way out and that is so sad!

    Heather & Clara, thank you both so much! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed the goodies I posted. :o)

    Merry Christmas Hugs to you all!♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like snail mail. This envelopes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com