Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crochet Gift Pouch--So Cute!

For some reason I have been very anxious all day today. When I feel like this I get overwhelmed easy so I haven't been able to sit down with my art nor a big yarn project. Not having anything to occupy my mind and hands made the anxiety worse, so I was thrilled to come across the pattern for this little cutie...
I first saw these darlin' little gift pouches over at Pammy Sue's Blog, where she had made up a couple and was kind enough to share the link to the original pattern found on Creative Jewish Mom's blog. Pammy Sue's turned out so great---I LOVE the colors she used! 

This pattern was extremely easy to read and follow and it took less than an hour to make. I used an H hook and worsted weight cotton yarn and I followed the pattern just how it was written.  To give you a good idea of the size of the pouch, I'd say that if you made it as written, it would hold a tennis ball perfectly all tied up. 

I hope y'all enjoy the link!
♥♥♥
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14 NIV

6 comments:

  1. Oh amazing work! Really really cute! The colors you've chosen look GREAT! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome!! I would totally give gifts in something like this to people like you that would appreciate it .. but I rarely make a big fuss over the packaging b/c most people I know would just throw it away :0(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Court! I know what you mean. I'm very particular about who I make things for in general. I hate making things for someone who doesn't appreciate it. Fortunately those close to me do tend to really enjoy it when I make stuff for them.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to smile when I found this post. Last year I found one of these sweet little bags at the church rummage sale and bought it home to try and figure out the pattern. Well, you did it for me!!! The one I have is in the exact same yarn-I can't wait to get crocheting! (and I agree, busy hands quiet the worrying)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie! I'm so glad you stopped by! How neat that the one you have is in the exact same yarn! You will love crocheting this one. It is so quick and easy to work up. I can see me doing alot of these to have on hand. You can even make various sizes too! I think making a bigger one and adding a strap would make a darling little purse!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com