Wednesday, December 22, 2010

ASE's Sunflower Bookmark-Free Crochet Pattern

 ASE's Sunflower Bookmark-Crochet Pattern
©Anita Elmore aka ASE Knits 'n' Crochets
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc@gmail.com
You may not sell or claim this pattern as your own.
You may, however, share the pattern freely & sell any items you make using this pattern, all that I ask is that you give me credit as the designer with the info above.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.

Please enjoy!
 
Materials
  • Yarn: Worsted Weight, 3 colors in very minimal amounts. I used brown, orange-y yellow and green
  • Hook: US G/6 (4mm)
Notes
  • This would be a great pattern to use up those small amounts of scraps and can be done in just about any color combination!
  • This pattern literally took less than 10 minutes to make from start to finish...how great is that for a quick gift!?!?
  • The leaf I used is not my pattern. It is a free, very easy pattern by Tara at Easy and she has it listed on Ravelry too!
 Terms and Abbreviations
  • CO = cast on
  • ch = chain
  • sc = single chain
  • sts = stitches
  • sl st = slip stitch
  • beg = beginning
  • x = times (example 6x = 6 times)
  • FO = finish off
Flower
with center color of choice...
Round 1: CO & ch 2; sc 6 in 2nd ch from hook, join with a sl st to beg sc & FO (6)
Round 2:  attach petal color with sl st into any sc. (Ch 6, sc into same sc, sl st into next sc)6x, ch 6, sc into same sc, sl st into first sc of previous row (this is the same one the first petal was done in), ch 6, sc into same sc & FO.
 
Stem
with green (or stem color of choice), attach through two back loops of any two adjacent petals (see pic below) and chain 45. If you want to add leaf, do not FO, but go directly into your favorite leaf pattern. If you use the one I linked to in the above notes, start at Rnd 1 and complete. FO.
♥♥♥
Because thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
Psalm 63:3

14 comments:

  1. Super cute! I've wanted to learn how to crochet for a long time! I'm delighted that you'll be participating in Art Journal Every Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! If you ever decide to learn I have some wonderful links to the videos and sites that I learned from on my sidebar! ...and hey, you can always ask me anything! :o)

    I'm so happy to be participating too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this bookmark! Thanks for the pattern! Your Christmas postcards are so beautiful. What a treasure to receive one of them. I'll bet they will be kept and framed. God's peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Glor! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed rest of your week and a very merry Christmas!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I whant to thankyou for all inspiration in your blog and wish for you a blessed Christmas!
    Hugs
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, thank you so much Susanne. Your comment truly made my heart smile. A very merry and blessed Christmas to you too dear!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute!!! Thank you so much Anita, it's always so kind of you for sharing us lovely patterns. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and all the best for 2011 ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you LS! You are very welcome for the patterns I share. I'm so glad that you like them!

    A wonderfully blessed 2011 to you too!♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful!! Will surely give it a try!!

    this is my first visit to your blog..... all your crochet patterns are awesome!!

    ~ Vinita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vinita!
    I'm so glad you found your way here. :o)
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I do hope you come back to visit often! ((hugs))♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita, wishing you and your family a blessed New Year and health, happiness and prosperity. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com