Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Crochet Hat & Another Free Pattern Link


It was a great pattern, very well written and easy to follow, however I did find that the hat was too tight at the edge from the slst and to compensate I modified rows 17 & 22. Here’s what I did:
Row 17- ch1, sc in next st (2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st) repeat from in next 28 sts.
Row 22- Same as original pattern thru the hdc THEN: SC around back of hat to beginning of brim, join w/ slst to beginning hdc.
Also, the pattern for the flower isn't included so I used this pattern that I also found on Ravelry, where you also download it from.  I did this in two colors and after I did the end of the petals row of color #1 (back color), I joined and finished off then attached color #2 (front color) and continued following the directions in the pattern.

I hope this helps someone! :o)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 NIV

7 comments:

  1. HOW ADORABLE!!! I hope to get as good as you, hehehe, well nah, close tho, wink! You always were so creative and I LOVE your website here!!! Thanks for putting so much LOVE into every thing and every PERSON you meet! Smooches!
    Wizzabiffy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL...Thanks Elizabeth! Love ya Sis!♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, and again, thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Clara, and you're very welcome!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for a good flower pattern! thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what size head does this hat fit?

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com