Sunday, October 17, 2010

Of Hats and Doilies

My doily is almost done! I'm thinking that there is only another set or two of rows added to Glor's crochet along and I'll have me a beautiful doily. I'm really glad that I joined in on this for my very first full-size doily. It's really been an easy pattern to follow and if I have any questions I have my dear friend Glor is just an email away. That's been very comforting. 
Here's my progress....
You know, it's funny how just one days worth of rows can totally change the look of a doily!

I finished my sister's hat today. Well, I finished a hat anyway; I'm not sure if this is going to my sister. It is cute, but you don't notice the increases in the cloche very well when it's on. 
Here's the pic...
The pattern is Ilse D├ęthune's 30's Cloche Hat and it's free.
If you are on Ravelry you can find a PDF download here or you can go directly to the pattern on her blog here.

The pattern was really easy to follow until I got to the increases on Rows 20 & 22. It helps to view the PDF and the post on her blog if/when you have questions because it is written differently on the blog vs the PDF.

Well guys, that's it for me tonight.  I'm ready to just hang out with my guys and relax.
I love ya's!

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31:30-31 (NIV)

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Anita! Your hat is stunning, your sister is one lucky woman :-D

    xxh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Anita! The hat is beautiful! Great job, great job on the doily also. This is your first full sized doily?? You've done fantastic, but knew you would, your stitches are so perfect. Its sort of fun doing with someone else, isn't it. Thank you so much for sharing this with me! Have a wonderful, blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much for your sweet comments!

    Glor, yes, this is my very first full-size doily. Thank you for the encouraging words! It is most definitely fun doing it with someone else. Thank YOU, my friend, for sharing with ME. God bless you dear heart♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, the hat is so cute. I really want to thank you for sharing the pattern. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Clara! You're such a sweetie. hope you have a great evening hun.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Anita,

    Thank you for your sweet comment!
    Offcourse you can enter too!

    Kind regards,
    Tamara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very beautiful doily, I hope to make one in the future I just hate crocheting anything with the thread yarn lol The hat is just adorable and I love the colors you used :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Lynn! Actually I was so intimidated by doilies because of the thread and the small hooks, but this is actually so easy! I could really see myself becoming addicted to making them, LoL.♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, someone blogged about my pattern, that is sooo cool! Thank you for making "my" hat, it looks great and I am happy you enjoyed it.

    I'm sorry about row 20-22, I can't seem to explain it properly, if you want to help out, feel free!!

    I hope your sister will enjoy it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there! I'm glad you stopped by. Thank you for offering the pattern! I may work up another one and I'll be sure to take notes of how I do rows 20-22 and maybe together we can figure out a way to explain it. I'm sure my sister will really enjoy it! I'm mailing it out to her this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful doily! I love crocheting doily so much. Thanks for sharing the lovely hat pattern, hope to give it a go soon! :)

    It's great to discover your blog, it's wonderful!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Lovesticth,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lovestitch!
    Thank you so much for your sweet words.
    I'm so glad you found me and hope you'll come back to visit often!♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com