Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Easy, Free Crochet Soap Saver Pattern

Hey guys, I hope y'all have had a great day!
I've been pretty productive here and that tends to mean I've had a good day myself.

I just finished crocheting a little soap saver and as the title says, it's easy and the pattern's free, both great things so I wanted to share it with you!  I have been wanting to make one of these, mainly for the small soap remnants that dear hubby would normally throw away.  I really hate to waste anything and this little sack is perfect!

The pattern was recently listed on Ravelry or you can go directly to the pattern here at Pickin' Knits Pattern Co.
Here's how mine turned out...
The only changes I made were that I replaced the last round of sc with an extra round of dc and threaded the drawstring through the next to the last round of dc so that there was a little more of a "ruffle" at the opening.

Now, I'm off for the night.
I love you guys!

It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ
Titus 2:12-13 NIV

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, your soap saver is really cute and I like the colors you used. Hope you have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Heather! I hope you have a wonderfully blessed day yourself my friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty, my daughter (2 and a half year old) usually drops them down the drain so it might be a good idea to put them in these

    ReplyDelete
  4. There ya go! Plus it gives you something to hold on to while you're using it and works like a wash cloth too.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time i ever heard of a soap saver, how exactly does it work? sound fun and a good way to be frugal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie, so glad you stopped by!
    It depends on your preference. I like to put in the small pieces of soap that my hubs would normally throw away and replace with a full bar & to me, throwing away those small pieces is the same as throwing away money! By putting the small pieces in there, you can then use it just like a bath scrubby in cloth form. I also like to keep on hanging from the faucet of my bathroom sink for washing my hands with.

    My 15yo son swiped this one as soon as I made it, lol. He's putting the a new full bar of soap in it...that way, the soap doesn't slip out of his hands, or off of the soap holder in the shower, and he's using it like a bath scrubby in cloth form.

    Hope this helps!
    Have a great day hun.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com