Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crocheted Pumpkin and I'm nominated!

My friend Sherri asked me to make her a pumpkin with green leaves so I made her one using Karla's pattern from her CAL.


I took it to her today and she was so happy with it! She said it was exactly what she wanted and like I read her mind..but that it turned out even better than she expected! Talk about makin' a girl feel good! :o)

Another friend of mine that lives in Louisiana and I are doing a friendship swap and she asked for a pumpkin too, lol. She wants hers with the fall leaves, so you'll be seeing another one of those within the next day or so.

Speaking of makin' a girl feel good, Karla is having a contest to pick the best pumpkins of the patch from the ones made using her pattern and my flower pumpkin was nominated for Best Pumpkin Overall! Won't you go over and put your vote in?

There are also two other categories: 1. Most Creative Idea and 2. Best Pumpkin Photo. Be sure to vote in all the categories!

I also want to mention that even if you didn't join the CAL, you can still get the pattern for only $1!
Karla's patterns are so clear and well put together with lots of images to help you along.

A cheerful look brings joy to the heart of others.
Proverbs 15:30


8 comments:

  1. What a lovely pumpkin for Sherri, no wonder she is so happy! You've got my vote Anita and its in. As always, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave your pumpkin a vote! It is tooo beautiful to not vote for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloria, thank you so much my friend, you're always such a wonderful encourager!♥

    Velma, you had my nomination and my vote too, from the very beginning! Thank you sweet pea!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Anita -- you're such a sweetheart. Thank you for the kind words about my pattern!

    Good luck with the contest - I think it's gonna be a tight race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! The pumpkin is so lovely and I really love the colors! A vote from me :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karla, you are most welcome dearheart. I only say what I really think/feel....always. (Some aren't so appreciative of what comes out of my mouth, I'm afraid, LoL)
    I have to say with all honesty that if mine doesn't win I won't feel too bad. Hindi's is AMAZING!

    lovestitch, thank you so much for your kindness!!

    Hugs to you both!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi congratulations on your nomination i,ve voted for you again good luck

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com