Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Procrastination

You know, I am such a procrastinator.  Really.  I struggle with this in everything and I absolutely hate it!  I simply can't get motivated unless it's "down to the wire".  Wayne tells me I'm not happy unless my hair's on fire.  I think maybe part of it is an adrenaline thing.  You know, that big burst of energy you have when you know you're facing a deadline...my blood just gets to pumpin' and I am so productive then.  I get that same burst of energy late at night too.  

Of course there are other contributors to my procrastination issue.  One is hereditary, that's for sure.  Another contributor is a lack of enthusiasm for what needs to be done. Something particular I am bad to procrastinate about doing is taking pictures of my work.  I have to admit that there are times when I don't post because I can't bring myself to take pics.  Don't get me wrong, it's not that i don't enjoy taking pics as a general rule, but all of the blogging and Etsy tips about how important it is to take good pics has shifted the whole dynamics of the process from being a pleasurable activity to one of dread.  It's not a carefree thing, there's getting out a solid white background to aid in the lighting, then because I have such an old and low megapixel camera I have to edit the pics before I can post them anywhere.  Not just to enhance an already great pic, but to get rid of the grainy-ness and fix the brightness and color to get a more accurate representation of the item.  It's really quite a chore.  Even when I'm not necessarily unmotivated to tackle the task, it's still quite time-consuming in a day already busy with homeschool lessons, housekeeping and various errands.  *sighs*  But any...way....that's my little ramble for today, LoL.  Thanks for letting me share.  

Good news is I'm feeling much better lately!  My migraines are still leaving me in peace, praise God!!! YaY! The boys' lessons are going great and I have never been more in love with my husband.  Another shout out to the good Lord for that one too! :o)  

I'm working on my pumpkin for the Pumpkin CAL over at the Itsy Bitsy Spider that I told ya about. You should check out the flickr group pics of the pumpkins that have sprouted up in the patch so far! :o)

I pray that y'all are having a great week.  
I love ya's!
♥Anita

In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice. In the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. 
Psalm 5:3

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Anita!

    Oh yes... I know procrastination well. And I sure do know all about getting burst of energy at night. ( Are we ralated? LOL )

    Night seems to be when I get ideas for making up patterns for my crochet. There is just something about nighttime that lets me lay there and think... Maybe nighttime is my creative time?

    Oh well...Have a wonderful day!!!

    ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Susan, maybe we are related! Nighttime is definitely my creative time. I can be tired, unmotivated and uninspired all day long and then around 9pm creativity, inspiration and motivation hit me like a ton of bricks! That's when I have my best ideas too and I have spent many of nights not being able to fall asleep because the gears in my head won't stop turning!

    Nice to know I'm in good company at least! ;o)
    Big hugs to ya girlie, ♥Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com