Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday's Tip - Knitting Toys

When I'm working on a project, I occasionally get an A-HA! moment and think how I really need to share that with all of my yarn-y friends.  Couple that with the great tips that I come across online and I got the idea for Tuesday's Tip!  

This week I want to share a tip for those who are interested in knitting toys.
Really, about the trickiest thing about it is getting the hang of stuffing your toy enough, but not too much. How you stuff makes the biggest impact on how your toy turns out. 
Just how do you know how much to stuff?
When stuffing knit items, the goal is to stuff the piece(s) as much as possible without over-stretching the stitches. You want to really fill up the pieces to give them the right form and not leave any "loose" fabric, but you don't want the stitches of the knit fabric to separate causing noticeable stretch lines.

Feel free to ask questions anytime you need help or more clarity and I'll do my best to help you make the most of and enjoy your craft!

Now, a question for you...
Do you feel that Tuesday's Tip will be a helpful addition to have here on a regular weekly basis?
I'd love to hear your feedback!

I love ya's!



One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple 
Psalm 27:4 NIV


4 comments:

  1. I think putting knitting tips on your blog is a Great idea!

    Blessings to you,

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your feedback Renee!

    Blessings,
    ¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tips are great, very thoughtful of you. Always looking for things to help. Thank you so much. Have a blessed night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Glor, I truly appreciate your kind comments and your input.

    Warm hugs and abundant blessings my friend,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com