Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunday's Square(s)

I thought Sunday would be a great day to show you the square(s) that I make through the week.
This week I made squares for the Ravelry group Lets make a gift of a healing blanket that I had mentioned before and also for the August Square Exchange at At My House Yahoo group.
First one is the Ring in the Middle 6" Afghan Square

Round 4 was a little hard for me to understand.
To get the results of the pic on the pattern, you’re basically working like this:
(2dc, ch2, 2dc) in ea corner and on the sides, you are working in front of the sts of Round 3 and making 2dc into the last st before the ch2 space of Round 2 and also the first st after the ch2 space of Round 2 From to around
Once I got my mind wrapped around that the rest of the pattern went smoothly.

The next square is from the Amish Print Afghan found at FreePatterns.com.
I finished a few rounds early so that it would be 6", but it's a great pattern and I really love the way it turned out!  I will definitely be making more of this one!

I hope you enjoyed the pics and the links.  
Have a wonderfully blessed Sunday my friends.
I love ya's!



My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.
Psalm 71:15 NIV

4 comments:

  1. They're both very pretty!! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, they are so pretty. I especially love the Amish Afghan one - the colors. What a magnificent blanket that would make. Oh here I go, have to add that to my to do list. Its getting so very long, better get crocheting!! Have a wonderful blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glor, I know!! The Amish Print is my favorite too. I'm here to tell ya that my 'to-do' list is so long that if I live to be a 100 I still won't get it all done and that's not counting my knitting 'to-do' list! LoL We can look on the bright side though, we won't ever have to worry about not having something to do! :o)

    Thanks for stopping by to visit my friend.
    Abundant blessings & lots of hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com