Monday, August 23, 2010

Just a little post...

I wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive, lol.
The migraines are keepin' me down physically which is starting to take a toll on me emotionally and I've got a bad case of the "blahs".  I have finished a couple of things, one is a new doll (hehehe, love her!) the other is supposed to be a dishcloth but it's so big I'd be more apt to use it as a small square doily.  It's a pattern from "Big Book of Dishcloths, Pot Holders & Scrubbies," an Annie's Attic crochet book that I borrowed from the library.  I tried to take pics, but my memory card is messed up so I'm afraid it's all talk and no eye candy today. I've also been working on a new amigurumi design.  I can't wait to show it to you!

In other news, we've started our lessons for the new school year & both boys are in high school grades now so we're going to have a busy year.  It's quite an adjustment from our previous years of laid-back learning.  I don't know if any of my followers are homeschoolers, but I found a terrific site for FREE American Government/Constitution lessons. The Center for Civic Education website has a whole page of free lesson plans for all grades!  They have them broken down in Elementary School, Middle School and High School sections and each lesson comes with teacher's notes too!  I went through the ones for middle and high schoolers and they're really good.

I've also started exploring and trying my hand at art journaling.  I've kept so many journals over the years (though not all that consistently) and last year I started decorating each of my pages in one journal with a cut out or two from various magazines just to pretty them up a bit. Last week one of the sites I get feed updates from (sorry, can't remember which one) linked to Belzer Designs' Art Journaling Week and I was totally inspired! From that point on I have been scouring the net for anything I can find...technique tutorials, art journaling bloggers, inspirations...I've found loads too, and I'm really enjoying this creative release.  Maybe at some point I'll share some of my journaling with you.  But for now, I've rambled enough for the day so I'll let you go.

Have a wonderful and blessed week my friends, I love ya's!


Don't forget about those in prison. Suffer with them as though you were there yourself. Share the sorrow of those being mistreated, as though you feel their pain in your own bodies.
Hebrews 13:3 NLT

6 comments:

  1. Great post Anita! I do hope your migraines go away and stay away. I'll be praying for ya sister.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much my friend, I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

    Warm hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet girl, sending prayers that you feel better and the migraines stay away. You got my interest in art journaling, thanks for the link to the site, its great. You take good care, will be thinking of you. Abundant blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glor, I thank you so much! I did a really great (to me anyway, but that's really what it's about)page in my art journal last night. My first real "artsy" page. I'm definitely hooked!

    Warm hugs and abundant blessings, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Anita, I love your blog it is so colorful and pretty, I wish we had some good crochet books at our library here but we do not, I have a handful of books but Im just so addicted I want them all LOL I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn, thanks for stopping by! It makes my heart happy that you love my blog so much. :o)
    Our library has very few as well. I'm makin' a list now of books that other bloggers really like so that I know which ones are worth the buy. I want the all like you. Since I can't have them all, I wanna make sure I spend my money on the ones I'm gonna really like! :o)

    Have a very happy and blessed day my new friend!
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com