Thursday, July 22, 2010

Karen's Cake

Last week I got to go visit my older sister Karen.
Isn't my big sis gorgeous!?!?*
It had been so long since I had gotten to spend time with her.  Sad really, since we only live a few hours apart.  It's crazy how fast time zooms by when you're busy going about life.
Karen has a cake business and she makes the most gorgeous cakes!  You really should go to her page and check out the photos!  Any-who, I wanted to do a little something for her and I came across this pattern...Oh. my. goodness! I just had to make one for her!  Her favorite colors are pink and brown, so of course....
Those are her hands there, pretending to be Vanna White and showing off her cake like a prize!
When I presented it to her I said,"You're always making cakes for everyone else, so I thought I'd make a cake for you!" She loved it!!!  I'm tellin' ya, the girl actually squeeled!  Karen has always been my hero, the one person I have always looked up to and wanted to be like & for her to be so happy with something that I did for her truly warmed my heart.

While I was visiting I also got the pleasure of seeing my 6 month old great-niece for the very first time as well!  *double squeel!*
Addison has to be one of the happiest babies I've ever seen!  Her mama (my niece Casey) and Karen swear she's mean, but I think they're downright fibbin' on that baby! LoL 
What a doll!!!*
I think she takes after her mama....

Absolutely Beautiful!!!*

I truly had such a wonderful time visiting and I do solemnly vow to not ever wait so long between visits again!

*Yes, I may biased, but I ain't wrong! LoL*wink* 

Have a great day my friends.
I love ya's!
I command you--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 NLT


6 comments:

  1. What a happy post to read! I have a big sis too who is my rock and BFF. Lucky aren't we? Have a great day! The cake is darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed this post Caroline! We are definitely fortunate. Thank you so much for your kind words sweetpea.
    Hope you have an absolutely terrific day!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all gorgeous (you included). Especially love you great neice...doesn't that make you feel old?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, that is such a very sweet thing for you to say! Thank you very much. Nah, I don't feel a bit old, lol...there will be plenty of time for that later on down the line, for now I just feel "seasoned" lol.

    Have a blessed day hun!

    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi anita!

    i can see you really enjoy your meeting with your sister. she is as gorgeous as you do. and those beautiful faces too. it's really one worth travelling to do. you are lucky to be surrounded by them..:D

    cheers!

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww-Sue, you say the sweetest things my friend. Thank you so much for your kind words.

    Much love,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com