ASE's Flower Fairy
©ASE Knits 'n' Crochets
You may not sell or claim this pattern as your own.
You may, however, sell any items you make using this pattern, all that I ask is that you give me credit as the designer with the info above.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.
**Correction made to Round 7 of head on August 13, 2011. Thank you Sarah!
- Small amounts of Worsted Weight Yarn [Color A=flesh color, Color B=bodice & shoes, Color C=skirt, Color D=wings, Color E=hair]
- Small amount of pink embroidery thread or sport weight yarn for mouth.
- Hook, US F
- Stitch marker for marking beginning of rounds
- Yarn needle
- Black safety eyes or black thread/yarn for embriodering eyes
- Poly-fil or toy stuffing of your choice
Terms & Abbreviations
- CO = Cast On
- Ch = Chain
- sc = single chain
- dc = double chain
- sc2tog = single chain 2 stitches together: insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, yarn over & pull through all three loops on hook
- sc3tog = single chain 3 together: insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, insert hook in next st, pull up another loop, yarn over & pull through all four loops on hook
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- ea = each
- beg = beginning
- FO = Finish Off
- Unless otherwise noted, each piece is worked in continuous rounds; do not join with a slip stitch at end of rounds. Use stitch marker to mark beginning of rounds.
- When finishing off each piece, be sure to leave long tails for sewing pieces together.
- Be creative! Try different colors, different styles of hair...it's all up to you, just have fun with your creation!
Finished size when recommended hook & yarn (sizes approximate):
Height: 6 1/2"
Width: 4 1/4" including wings, 2 1/4" without wings
with Color A
Round 1: sc 6 in 2nd ch from hook (6)
Round 2: 2sc in ea st around (12)
Round 3: [sc in next st, 2sc in next st]6x (18)
Round 4: [sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next st]6x (24)
Rounds 5-6: sc in ea st around
Round 7: sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next 2 sts, sc in next 4 sts,
sc in next 2 sts, 2sc in next 2 sts, sc in remaining 14 sts (28)
Round 8: sc in next 3 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts, 2sc in next st, sc in next st, 2sc in next st, sc in remaining 15 sts (32)
Round 9: [sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog]8x (24)
Round 10: [sc2tog]12x (12)
**Now you should stop to embroider or place safety eyes on round 6 just above the increases that were made on round 7, then stuff before continuing.
Round 11: [sc2tog]6x (6) switch to Color B
with Color A
Using yarn needle, loop yarn around one stitch just below, and centered between, the eyes.
with pink embroidery thread or sport weight yarn
Embroider mouth just below nose.
with Color E
There are many great tutorials online for adding hair to your amigurumi & I really couldn't begin to explain it better these favorites of mine, so I'm just gonna share the links with you & you can go from there.
with Color B
Round 1: sc2 in ea st around (12)
Round 2: [sc in next st, sc2 in next st]6x (18)
Rounds 3-9: sc in ea st around
Round 10: in back loops only sc in ea st around
Rounds 11: sc in ea st around
**Now you should stop to stuff body & continue stuffing as you complete bodice.
Round 12: [sc2tog]9x (9)
Round 13: [sc2tog]4x, leaving remaining st unworked
Cut yarn and, using yarn needle, weave end through remaining sts & cinch closed.
with Color C
Hold doll with head facing towards your body & bottom facing away. Join yarn with sl st in front loops of Round 10 on bodice.
Round 1: [Ch 20, sl st in next loop]18x
Legs & Shoes (make 2)
with Color A
Join yarn with a sl st to bottom of the bodice
Ch 10 change to Color C: and ch 2 more. knot the two ends from the color change, it's ok, this will be hidden.
Round 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook (6)
Round 2-4: sc in each st around (6)
Round 5: [sc2tog]3x (3)
Arms & Hands (make 2)
with Color A
Join yarn with a sl st to first row of bodice on the side
Round 1: 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook (4)
Round 2: sc in each st around (4)
Round 3: sc2tog, sl st in next st, ch 2, sl st in same st & FO
Wings (make 2)
with Color D
(Worked in Rows, not rounds)
Leave a long tail for sewing & Ch 2
Row 1: sc 2 in 2nd ch from hook, ch 1 & turn (2)
Row 2: sc 2 in next 2 sts, ch 1 & turn (4)
Row 3: sc 2 in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc 2 in next st, ch 1 & turn (6)
Rows 4-6: sc in ea st across, ch 1 & turn (6)
Row 7: sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog, ch 1 & turn (4)
Row 8: [sc2tog]2x, ch 1 & turn (2)
Row 9: sc2tog, FO & sew as desired to back of bodice.