Friday, July 9, 2010

Announcement

Hello my friends!
I have had so many requests for my patterns & I have to tell you I am so honored and so flattered that you all like my designs so much!  Thank you all for your kind words & your requests!
Upon much thought here's my response to all of your requests:

¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨


When I share a pattern I don't like to impose a bunch of copyright restrictions.  I prefer to give you the freedom to do whatever you'd like with your finished objects, including sell them, and only ask that you give me the credit for the design (ie a tag on the finished item giving me credit as the designer & for internet sales a link to the pattern on my site).

My dilemma comes when the patterns are for items that I personally plan to sell online as well as in my own community....there's that conflict of interest/competition thing going on.  I don't want to have to compete with others while trying to sell items I make from my own patterns.  It's a well-known fact that in this day and age, and in this economy, it is hard for a family to live on one income & I need a way that I can help my wonderful, hardworking husband support our family.

This situation has been something that I have put a lot of thought into...and I do mean a lot!  But I do believe that I have come up with a solution.  In order to be able to share the patterns that normally I would use in making items to sell, without sacrificing my ability to contribute financially to my household, I have decided to start selling some of my patterns.  Doing this will be a way for me to help other stay-at-home parents contribute to their families as well, since they will be able to freely sell their finished objects as long as they honor my one copyright restriction to give me credit as the designer....the same as for my free patterns!  I will still be adding to the list of free patterns that I offer here as well.

Which leads me to this....

Pattern Testers Needed!

Yep! If I'm going to sell them, I will need pattern testers.  I will be doing my best to offer both knitting and crochet versions of each of my patterns, so I need both knitters and crocheters as well!  Testers must be willing to work on the pattern on as soon as it's received and complete it within a reasonable, agreed upon amount of time.  You will need to report to me about how easy the pattern is to read & follow, double check my stitch count at the end of the rows (or rounds) and make sure there are no goof-ups on my end.  An ability to take & send me pics of your finished object a plus.

What's In It For You...

Being a pattern tester earns you the pattern for free and first!  Now how cool is that!?!  And, once you have completed the items, you may also freely sell the items you make with the pattern, as long as you honor my one copyright restriction to give me credit as the designer.

If you would like to be added to my master list of testers, please email your name and tell me whether you knit or crochet to aseknc@gmail.com and put PATTERN TESTER in the subject line.

If you would prefer to respond to individual patterns instead of being on the master list, I will be posting requests for testers for the individual patterns as needed and you can respond then.


¨¨¨¨°º©†©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©†©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©†©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°°º©†©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨°º©†©º°¨¨¨¨¨¨
Love you guys!
Don't forget to do good and to share what you have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to God.
Hebrews 13:16 NLT

7 comments:

  1. I think this is a marvelous idea. As/when I find some time I will let you know to do some testing. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to help you with testing your wonderful patterns as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glor, thank you so much for your encouraging words.

    Aluajala, thank you!! Please be sure to send me an email so that I can save your info in a folder I have created for my testers. Let me know whether you knit, crochet or both.

    Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi anita

    i am so agree with you about the restrictions and all. i think we have to support each other and respect each other arts.

    and please , please have me in mind if you need a tester. i am very happy to test for you.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, thank you! I knew you would be willing to help me my friend! would you please be sure to send me an email so that I can save your info in a folder I have created for my testers. Let me know whether you knit, crochet or both.

    thanks again!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, thank you my friend! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com