Monday, June 14, 2010

A Way To Help

I admit up front that I should have blogged about this before & my only excuse is that I have been extremely busy doing my part to help out.  

One of my wonderful crocheting blogger friends Channelle has asked for some help.  You see, her sister was recently diagnosed with cancer & is now undergoing chemo & Channelle would like some help making a blanket  that would be a source of encouragement as well as warmth.  Channelle is not even asking for free help, she is willing to "pay" you by letting you pick out a gift (she makes some AWESOME jewelry!) in return for six 5½-6" afghan squares in specified colors.  You can find out the details by visiting this post on Chanelle's blog.

I think this is a great way to try out those square patterns that I have saved, but who knows when I'd actually get a chance to use them all otherwise, know what I'm talkin' about?
Here are the squares that I have made up so far....




Please, if you have just a small amount of time & would like to help someone & know exactly where/who your help is going to, I encourage you to sow a seed of good will & respond to Channelle's request for help.

What do ya think? 
How about blessing someone today?

I love yas!

Whatever we do, it is because Christ's love controls us (& urges us on*). Since we believe that Christ died for everyone, we also believe that we have all died to the old life we used to live, (for since one died on behalf of all, then all died*). 
2 Corinthians 5:14 NLT 
*from footnotes




12 comments:

  1. Anita, off to look up some 6" crochet squares. I'll see what I can do. Will check back shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the best Glor! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got too much on my plate right now to do the squares, but I thought I would share a link with y'all if you're thinking about helping on this great project ==> http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-great-granny-swap-pattern-book

    The link is for a granny square pattern book I wrote while participating in the Great Ganny Swap. It's free to download. I hope this helps out some, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps...Anita, what brand yarn are you using? I have lots of Red Heart but your squares look softer and the colors are more pastel. Mine are darker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will send a square or two... I will get them finished in the next day or two... and she will be included in my prayers hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Itsy Bitsy Spider---thank you so much! That is indeed helpful!

    Glor, actually every square so far has been made with Red Heart yarn. The difference must just be the colors themselves.

    Crystal, Thank you so much! Prayers are most definitely appreciated as well!

    Y'all are great!
    (((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow they are beautiful, you have actually brought tears to my eyes with your kind words and the gorgeous squares that you have made... You have gone out of your way to even make a post on your blog to ask for help on my behalf.. That means so much to me.... Ty soooo very much. I especially love the Angel one, through all of this i have at least gained my faith back in mankind... you hear of so many terrible people but we do forget the kind ones.. Love and blessings to you Anita and to everyone else that have offered their kind thougts, prayers and help... god Bless..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, now you've gone and made me tear up! It's the least I could do. I don't have much, but I want to do what I can with what I have & I may not be able to make a difference to everyone, but I just want to be a blessing and make a difference to those that I can! I'm so glad that I was able to be a part of the kindness that is restoring your faith back in mankind!

    Lots of love and hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6" square eh? let's see what i can do here... anyway, Channelle is in my prayers... she is a strong girl .. and her sister too.. so keep hanging tough! you never know what you are able to do..

    hugs,

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen Sue!
    Thanks girlie, you're awesome!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are all so lovely, its true noone should ever feel alone.. I can't tell my sister at the moment as i want the Blanket to be a surprise, but when i do tell her she will be so touched by everyone that has offered kind words and has contributed to making this happen... I am just so excited and can't wait until they all arrive. I don't live near her but speak to her all of the time on the phone that i have to bite my tongue sometimes as i'm bursting to share all of this with her i just can't wait. I am hoping to see her as soon as i have made her blanket i am going to visit and help out for a few days... love to you all.. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just glad there are awesome ladies that are willing to help!
    I know that your sis will be so thrilled to have you there with her!

    Do let her know that she has a lot of people praying for her & keeping her in their thoughts!

    Love ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com