Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hoot, Hoot!

I had seen THIS pattern at the Lion Brand Yarn website & it just didn't tickle my fancy....that is until I seen Megan's results HERE.
It just looks so different!
I didn't even recognize it as being from the same pattern.
Well! Once I seen how c-ute it could turn out, I just HAD to make one!  I have to tell ya, I see myself making A LOT of these. 
I did try the wings the way they were written up in the pattern & I'm just gonna tell ya, um..no.  For one, they are too small.  For another, they look nothing like wings & I couldn't even tell how in the world they should have been attached.  Every way I laid them out just looked off, so I followed Megan's lead and made my own.

Here's how I did mine:
-Chain 2
-sc 6 in 2nd chain from hook, ch 2 & turn
-2hdc in each st across, ch 3 & turn
-*2dc in next st, dc in next st, *repeat across
-FO

Now, ready to see how mine turned out?
Are ya?
Huh?
Ok, I guess I'll show ya then
-
-
-

This time I just chose from colors that I had on hand, but believe-you-me I will be going to buy some cotton in colors just specifically for these adorable owl bibs!

Thanks for puttin' up with my cheekiness this post.
I sure do love y'all!



For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message He has given us to tell others.
2 Corinthians 5:19 NLT


4 comments:

  1. Cute pattern! I will try it if I can find the right colors in cotton for it! Thanks for the pattern! Love it that you are a Christian! I am, too! I am grateful everyday that God has brought His Son Jesus and salvation to our home. My, how our home has changed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Geneva! You should definitely try the pattern, I think you'd really enjoy it. I love meeting other Christians! It wasn't all that long ago that my husband didn't know (or want to know) the Lord, praise God that has changed as well!

    I hope you'll stop by and visit often my new friend.
    Warm hugs and abundant blessings, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute cute! I made this too (it's on ravelry (steelodalisque). I made the eyes bigger. For the wings I used the beak pattern, but I sc around the edges to make it smoother. I'm making another one today. I like big eyes on my owls. Yours turned out way cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddie! I'm on my way to check out your owl now. :)

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com