Sunday, June 20, 2010

Free Pattern: ASE's Sunflower Potholder/Hotpad


ASE's Sunflower Potholder/Hotpad
©ASE Knits 'n' Crochets
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc@gmail.com

I am offering this pattern to you for free.
You may not sell or claim pattern as your own.
You may, however, sell any items you make using this pattern, all that I ask is if you sell online you credit me and provide a link to this post of the pattern here on my blog.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.

Please enjoy!

Materials:
Yarn:
worsted cotton in brown
worsted cotton in dark yellow
Hook: US H

*Ch 3 at beginning of ea. row counts as first dc

Make 2:
With brown, co 4 & join to form ring.
R1- ch 3, dc 11 inside ring, join in top of beg. ch 3 (12 dc)
R2- ch 3, dc in same joining st, (2 dc in next dc) around, join in top of beg. ch 3 (24 dc)
R3- ch 3, 2 dc in next dc, (dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc) around, join in top of beg. ch 3 (36 dc)
R4- ch 3, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next dc, (dc in next 2 dc, 2 dc in next dc) around, join in top of beg. ch 3, FO (48 dc)

With wrong sides together, sc through ea sc of both circles around to join. FO

With dark yellow, join with sc in any sc of circle, ch 7, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, dc under begining joining sc, sc in next 2 sc, (ch 7, sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in next ch, dc in next 2 ch, dc in bottom dc of previous petal, sc in nest 2 sc of circle) around, join to bottom of begining petal (25 petals)

14 comments:

  1. My 19 month old loves it! She keeps looking at it saying, "Flower! Pretty!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - would look nice under a small planter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sunflower pattern, it'll come in handy here in the sunflower state! Enjoyed looking at your blog....Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for your kind words!

    Lady Rebel - awww, so glad she likes it!

    Debi - you're right! I'm afraid I'm not good with plants no matter how hard I try, so I never would have thought of that.

    Caroline - I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hope you'll visit again soon!

    Y'all have a wonderfully blessed day! ♥ Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, I love it. Such a happy crochet piece. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. Putting on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glor - I am so glad you like it! Thank you for your sweet words my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom who is 98 and named Anita, loves sunflowers. I crocheted her a couple of these and can't wait to take them to her! It was so easy to crochet and they are so cheerful. Thank you so much for the pattern
    Joyce Anita McGrew
    Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, thank you so much for leaving me this comment. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the pattern. Give your Mom a hug for me from one Anita to another! Warm hugs to you too! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sunflower pattern and am making some as gifts. I have a few questions. Does "co 4" mean cast on four? What does "FO" mean. The petals all curl upward. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, CO means cast on, should have been chain instead, but sometimes I get my knitting terms and my crochet terms mixed. Sorry about that.
    FO means finish off. My petals curled upward too if I held it up, but if I laid it down flat they would stay flat. I didn't mind if they curled really because sunflower petals will curl some too. :o) Blocking it would help though....spray with water until it is pretty damp and then lay out flat on a towel and arrange/shape it so that it looks just like you want it to when it's dry and let it dry that way. Once it is dry the petals should stay flat until it gets washed again. If you are giving them as gifts, you may want to include a little tag that says something like
    "Handmade with love.
    Wash normal
    Dry flat"
    I hope this helps!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your helpful information. It's just what I needed to know. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is do darling, I want to learn how to crochet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haze! Check out my sidebar for some really great videos, tutorials and lessons on how to crochet! You won't regret learning! :)

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com