Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pics & Pattern Links

Hey y'all! I've been meaning to take some pics and post for y'all & I've finally done it! LOL
No new news on the homefront, except that I made a 100 on my last exam! YaY!
Ok, now that you've been updated on my life, on to the pics....

Remember the scarf & hat set I mentioned in my last post? Just did my own thing on these, no patterned followed. I think the stitch is called a broken rib. I really loved using this stitch, the back side of it is a kind of seed stitch, making the scarf & hat completely reversible...looking equally good on either side, and the fabric turned out very cushy! I'm really rather pleased with how it turned out.

Photobucket

Here's a close-up of the front & back of the scarf...

Photobucket

For my roommate's sister, my new friend Millisa's birthday I made her a set of coasters in University of Tennessee colors orange & white...she is such a big UT fan! You can find this extremely easy & quick pattern by Ms. Rachel HERE.


Photobucket

This darling little doll is for my niece Kylee. She has been on me for a while to make her one, and when I came across THIS PATTERN it was just too cute to pass on making! It was another really easy pattern to follow & I really enjoyed making it. Kylee keeps asking if I'm making her a princess, so I'm gonna whip up a crown for her too. I'll try and remember to post a pic when it's done. For now, here's the doll according to the pattern (colors changed a little for Miss Kylee's taste *wink*)


Photobucket

Finally, I made my first crochet item using thread instead of yarn! I have always had such a big problem reading crochet patterns and the doily/doily-types are really murder for me! But THIS PATTERN seemed like the perfect opportunity to try again. It took me a bit to figure the whole thing out, but I finally got it! I haven't blocked & stiffened it yet because I don't have any startch, but I couldn't wait to share!

Photobucket

....and that's all the pics I have for now, so I'm off to see what else I can whip up before Christmas! hehehehe

Hugs, health & happiness to you all,

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your exam results!

    Your crocheted gifts are so beautiful and thank you for the link to the lovely coasters.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Anne!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely finished projects:)Hugs Darcy
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darcy! And a Very Merry Christmas to you too!

    ((hugs))
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. You do beautiful work. I LOVE the scarf and hat - gorgeous colors/pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marie Anne! Thank you for stopping by to see me too. ;o)

    Hugs, health & happiness!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute stuff! I'm just getting started as a knitter - I just completed my first pair of slippers (a pattern that my grandmother taught my mom, who taught me). I can't wait to try more complex stuff and love looking at your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting Karen! I remember when I first started getting into knitting...I was so thrilled about every little achievement and every finished object....oh wait! I'm STILL thrilled over every little achievement and every finished object!!! And now that I am getting more into crochet, that's DOUBLE the thrills! lol

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments!
    Warm hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you enjoyed the snowflake pattern. Your scarf has inspired me and I may have to try my hand at knitting again. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...Ginny, I am so glad that my scarf has inspired you! Thank you so much for stopping by. Drop by anytime!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Anita

    P.S. I love the music on your page!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com