Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Beginnings of a Hacky-Sack

Hello my friends! Just a little bit of news about my personal situation. Still dating casually, haven't clicked with anyone enough to date consistently yet, but that is really a good thing for right now. I've never just dated; I always went from one relationship to another. This is truly a nice change.

I got approved for help with housing! I am so excited! Now it's just a matter of waiting for availability. Waiting is so hard for me. I am NOT a patient person! LOL

Last night I was up and down throughout the night coughing & with a sore throat; fun-fun. I was told that it was probably because the pollen count is so high here right now. Maybe, who knows. I just hope whatever it is, it's over soon!

Since I didn't get much sleep last night, I'm feeling pretty drug down today, so I'm just taking it easy. I had a request to make a hacky-sack for someone, so I'm crocheting one today. It's about time I got my hands working on something. I've been so preoccupied lately that I haven't taken the time to knit (or crochet) at all. Here's my progress so far....


Photobucket

I am using the free crochet patter I found HERE on Dorf's Dismal Diary.

So far so good, and I am loving the color! Having my hands in yarn always makes me feel better too!

I think about my bloggy friends alot. I sure hope that you are all doing well. I miss you & love you all bunches!

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. That hacky sack is adorable! I love how colorful it is.

    Glad you're doing well ... my mom always said you can never be happy with someone until you're happy by yourself. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! I picked out that yarn specifically for the hacky sack. I had always seen them being very colorful and thought that yarn was perfect!

    Your mom was right, and I am finally learning to be happy with myself! I love it!

    Have a great day hun! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I really like the colors. Wanna see it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such pretty colors! May I know what brand/type? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello SP! I am so terrible, I really need to get into the habit of posting the yarn brand & colorway, but alot of times I am using stash scraps & have long-since lost the ball band with all the info! I do know that this particular yarn was bought at Walmart & it's Peaches & Creme & the color is Fiesta. You can also order it direct from online at http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Hugs, health & happiness,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog too. :) I went to the site, wow, the colors are nice! i will have to check out their international shipping. Originally threw out those labels too but started to keep them when I realised I had so many and needed to match the same types when I used different colors. Realised there aren't many multi-colored yarns here.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com