Saturday, March 28, 2009

Progress

Hello friends!
I thought I would give you an update on my progress and show you how I keep track of it.

First, I have to say that I weigh myself every day. This is not for everyone, but it works for me. I don't pay much attention to the daily number (once upon a time I couldn't do that, I totally obsessed over it!), I just use it as a guide. I know that if the number on the scale spikes one day, I can usually look back on my food journal 2 days and see what was going on. Did I eat out with a friend that day? Did I cut loose and have too many alcoholic drinks? Did I journal that day at all (I've noticed that I don't tend to eat near as healthy, nor as moderately if I don't write it all down!)? The same goes for if the number is holding steady or dropping...I can look back and see what I was doing RIGHT! I also don't use this daily number to track my weight loss. So many things can affect that number. If you eat too much salt for instance, there's a good chance you will be retaining some water. Soda tends to have the same affect. For us women, PMS can have a huge affect. So can whether or not you are 'regular'; if you are have a bout with constipation, it does indeed show up on the scale.

So, how do I judge my weight loss? I have started averaging my weight every Monday. I didn't used to, but I needed to see that amid my ups and downs on my daily weigh-ins I was making some definite progress. Here is a pic of my line graph that I record my weights on. See the green line? That's my average weights...How encouraging is it to see that line going further and further down, and at a steady rate to boot!

**click on the thumbnail to see the full-size pic**

Photobucket

Have a healthy weekend y'all!
Hugs & happiness,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Anita,
    using the graph is an excellent way to chart your progress without the obsessing over daily numbers. It's looking like a nice steady decline on the chart too, which must be so encouraging for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mary Anne. It has really been a big help to me that's for sure. Yes! It is very encouraging to see the steady decline. I have noticed that with the chart, even if I only lose 1/2 a pound it is still encouraging because I am able to see the decline on paper and that makes it more "real" I guess. I don't know, but it works!

    ---------------------------
    Hugs, Health and Happiness,
    ♥♥Anita♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com