Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lovin' It...

I started this hat back at the beginning of March. I was "done" the day after I started it, but it was about 1.5 inches shorter than I wanted it, so I had to frog back on it. Because of the pattern, I couldn't find a good stopping point for my frogging, so I ended up going all the way back to the top of the picot edge. *sighs* I do know what a 'lifeline' is, why I always forget to use one is beyond me! This is an awesome pattern, very easy to work up yet not boring. However, doing it the second time, I was frustrated at myself and not as motivated so I didn't work very diligently on it, that's my ADD kicking in. I finally finished it last night and I absolutely LOVE-IT! This was supposed to be for my sister, but my husband & BFF's 17 year old cousin Michelle was in an extremely bad car accident and they had to shave her head. At first they didn't even think she would live, but she is doing good. She has a long way to go as she has some brain damage, but she is a fighter and she is going to do it! They let her see herself in the mirror for the first time this past week. She was so depressed she asked David (her dad) why he didn't just let her die. How heartbreaking is that? She told Sam (my BFF) she wanted a pink hat. So, I am giving her this one. I know it was for Karen Sue, but I know she will understand!

The pattern is found at How Stuff Works and is the Free Gull Stitch Toque Knitting Pattern. I modified it and gave it a picot edge. I worked the rest of it according to the pattern.
I used Berroco Comfort yarn.

Here is the front:
Photobucket

and here is the top:
Photobucket

What do y'all think?
I sure hope 'Chelly likes it.

Hugs, health and happiness,
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. IIIII like it! That's sweet of you to give it to her. I'm sure she'll be very happy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful hat and made even more lovely by your caring thoughts for the person who will receive it. My very best wishes for her continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are always so kind Mary Anne. Thank you so much.
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute hat. She will love it! It is very nice that you are reaching out to her in this awful time. Please pass on my wishes for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kaine! I will definitely pass your wishes on. I know she will appreciate it!

    Hugs, health and happiness,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anita, this is beautiful!!! Ok, I am going to be practicing, cause you have got to help teach me to make one of these!!! BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rebecca!!! I am so glad you made it by! Girl, that hat is soooo easy! Not a bit boring either. I'll gladly help ya out!

    Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com