Friday, February 20, 2009

Roller Coaster Ride

That's what I've been on. It was really hard for me to come in and write, but I have learned that some of you really look forward to my posts (more than I would have ever imagined and that warms my heart to no end!) so I felt I should visit with you for a while and let you know how I've been. Ups and downs like you wouldn't believe! Oh my goodness, where do I begin?

Photobucket
We got our income tax refund!

The IRS took out $2000 that they said we owed in back taxes.
Photobucket
I got a truck like I have always wanted!!
It is a '94 Chevy Z-71. We only buy vehicles when we can pay cash for them and I have always been a truck girl; it's the redneck in me. I am in love with my new-to-me truck!

Wayne has been drinking more and more and is really getting to be hateful when he does.
Photobucket
I have been meditating with God every morning. I have also started working on memorizing scripture and have been doing quite well at it.
Photobucket
Jo-Lynne from Musings of a Housewife and Chic Critique asked me to be a contributing writer at Chic Critique! I am so very excited! Chic Critique is an awesome blog and I have been following it for quite a while. If you haven't ever checked it out, you really should. I am sure you'll want to follow too! You can click on the link above, or on the button I have posted in my sidebar.

Wayne got drunk two nights ago and decided it was time to go on a rampage.
Apparently I have a huge, unprovoked (according to him) chip on my shoulder and it was something that had to be "hashed out" right then and there. No it could not wait until the next day when he was sober, no matter how much I begged, it had to be done right then.

We did sit down and talk things out (again, but rationally) the next day and for the time being, things are peaceful around here.

When he was yelling at me during his rampage, I slammed my laptop down beside me on the couch and I royally screwed it up. It took almost two days to get it up and running. We had to recover it, which meant that I lost all of my files and pics that I hadn't been in a hurry to store online (I mean really, the computer is only a year old...surely nothing will happen to it!)...freaking brilliant, I am! Now, part of the time I can only run it in safe mode, and the rest of the time it takes hours (yes, hours) for it to load up after restart.

At least I can get online now, I am loving my truck, my cupboards are full of food and I have plenty of yarn to knit...overall I am very blessed!


Thanks for listening to me carry on.
I needed that.
XOXOXO

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got a truck that you love. and a pantry full of food and lots of pretty yarn. as for the ranting hubby, no one deserves that stuff. You are way better than that. Hugs to you gurl.
    Patt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patt!
    Your kindness and support is always uplifting to my heart!
    Big hugs to you!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita, thanks for coming by my blog earlier and for becoming a follower of it. I really appreciate it. I am sorry to hear that you've had some troubling time lately. You must be a very strong person, to deal with that all. I'm glad that you had some positive things to note, congrats on the new truck! Hope things will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katie,
    So glad you stopped by! I am not strong, but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."-Philippians 4:13
    All in all I am a very blessed woman. Sometimes life is just flat out frustrating and disheartening, but a good rant (and alot of prayers) later, I am able to move on.
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words.

    Hugs,
    Anita
    a Knitting Junkie!

    P.S. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anita. I'm so sorry. Addiction can do such nasty things to people. And those living the addiction aren't the only ones dealing with its side affects. You are a beautiful person and you deserve nothing but respect.

    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! How exciting for you that you have the new truck that you wanted. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nell, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I just love ya girlfriend.

    Emily, thank YOU for swingin' by here to see ME! I am definitely having fun. I've been muddin' a few times..hehehe

    Thanks again guys!
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just happened upon your blog and read this post.. PLEASE give serious thought to living with an irrational drunk. now matter how you rationalize it (and that's what you're doing) there is no excuse for his behavior or you putting up with it. please consider alanon meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you my sweet Anonymous friend.
    I do seriously ponder on the situation on a daily basis. He is not ever physically violent, just more irritating than anything. However, I am making sure all of my ducks are in a row so that if/when the need arises, I am prepared to take the steps needed.

    Thanks again for your concern and your advice.
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grats on all the ups, but seriously ((((hugs)))) for the downs. I wish I had been keeping up with your blog better and I know my comments come a bit late, but I'll still be praying for you with all that you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brandi darlin', you are just the sweetest. Hugs never come too late, and neither do the prayers. I appreciate both just as much today as I would have the day I posted.
    Thank you.
    Big Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com