Friday, February 6, 2009

Just In Time For Some Valentine's Knitting...


I had planned on posting it days ago, but I hope that you find that it was worth the wait.
This pattern is super easy, super quick and super cute!
So, without further ado:

Photobucket

©Anita Elmore, a Knitting Junkie!
I am offering this pattern to you for free.
DO: Make as many as you want and give as gifts or sell locally to you.
DO NOT: Claim this pattern as your own, nor sell online.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.
Please enjoy!

Yarn: Worsted Weight Cotton
Needles: US size 6
Optional: size F crochet hook
Gauge: Not really important

**CORRECTION**
Rows 26, 28 & BO was originally typed up 'as row 25'. They should have said 'as row 24'. This error has been corrected.
Thank you Kristi!


Abbreviations:
  • wyif = with yarn in front
  • s1pw = slip one purl-wise
  • pm = place marker
  • kfb = knit in front and back of stitch
  • ssk = slip 1st st knit-wise, slip 2nd st knit-wise and knit them together
  • k2tog = knit two stitches together
*Notes*
  • I knit mine using scraps just knotted together, making 'whiskers' as in Mary Anne's Whiskers Cloth, only I left mine longer. I think it makes the cloths look more country/rustic and that just really tickles my fancy. Feel free to knit your without the whiskers. ;o)
  • I love the crochet edge on these, but they are cute without it so don't let an inability or dislike for crochet keep you from knitting some of these up! If you would like to, but just don't know how, I highly recommend this site which has great videos that are very helpful.
  • Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions or run into any errors. Also, I would LOVE to see your results!

CO 50
Row 1-wyif, s1pw, k24, pm, k25
Row 2-wyif, s1pw, kfb, k to 2 sts before marker, ssk, k2tog, k to last 2 sts, kfb, k1
Row 3-wyif, s1pw, kfb, k to last 2 sts, kfb, k1
Row 4-as row 2
Row 5-as row 3
Row 6-as row 2
Row 7-wyif, s1pw, k across
Row 8- wyif, s1pw, k to 2 sts before marker, ssk, k2tog, k across
Row 9-as row 7
Row 10-as row 8
Row 11-as row 3
Row 12-as row 8
Row 13-as row 3
Row 14-as row 8
Row 15-as row 7
Row 16-as row 8
Row 17-wyif, s1pw, k2tog, kto last 3 sts, ssk, k1
Row 18-as row 8
Row 19-as row 17
Row 20-as row 8
Row 21-as row 7
Row 22-as row 8
Row 23-as row 17
Row 24-wyif, s1pw, k2tog, k to 2 sts before marker, ssk, k2tog, k to last 3 sts, ssk, k1
Row 25-as row 17
Row 26-as row 24
Row 27-as row 17
Row 28-as row 24
BO while working as row 24

Optional Crochet Edging:

Photobucket

Abbreviations:
  • sl st = slip stitch
  • ch = chain
  • dc = double chain
Shell: (dc, ch1)x3, dc

Starting at top center and work counter-clockwise around the heart.
Join yarn in center st and work one dc.
On top and bottom of heart you will work shell in every 3rd st. on ends (humps) you will work in every other slipped stitch. continue around heart until you get back to center st on top of heart (where you joined and worked your first dc) In that same st, (dc, ch1)x3, join with sl st to the first dc.

Weave in ends, enjoy the fruit of your labor and have a very happy Valentine's day!

This was my first one before I perfected the shaping of the "humps".
It is also my favorite! ;o)
Photobucket


Hugs!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is so CUTE!! I love it!! I am going to get busy making them for teacher's Valentine's Day gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Anita, these are so so cute!! I can't wait to knit some up. I know my girls will love them, and so will my mother in law!! Thanks so much for sharing, and Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is so cute, is on my want to do list :-) Right now my priority is getting my WIP's for Hunter done before her birthday on the 12th.

    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya...Thank you! I am telling you, it is such a quick knit! I can usually make a couple in one evening.
    I'd love to see pics of how they turn out!

    Dori...Thank you as well! I am so excited that I have gotten such wonderful feedback!

    Dorothy...sweety, you work on it when you can, just be sure to link me to pics so I can see how yours turn out!

    Big hugs to you all!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute! I love the crocheted edging and probably would be worth it to figure out how to do the crocheting, if I made one of these. I'm sorry your partner is hogging your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dawn!
    The crochet edge is really simple and I am sure it would be worth learning.

    Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn, wish I had your pattern a few days ago. I could have made a few for my swap in my knit group. poo. Oh well, next year I will have it already saved and ready to make. Thanks so much for the free pattern. you rock. now have a drink for me please!! I could go for a Midori Sour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Patt!
    You are welcome hun. If I would have had the computer for more than 10 minutes at a whack then I would have had the pattern up about a week ago. Darn Wayne!

    I have never had a Midori Sour. I ended up drinking White Russians. They went down so good and were so yummy that I ended up drinking WAY too much before I even realized it. I was so fiercely hung over all day yesterday!
    I am feeling better today though!
    Big hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com