Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hat Pattern: Sherri

Ok, this is going to be short and sweet today guys. No rambling on and on about life crap.

My friend Sherri will be turning 29 Saturday and she's been wanting me to make her a hat so I did just that in her favorite color, purple. I looked and looked for the "perfect" hat and simply couldn't find what I was looking for. I don't know, I kind of have an obsession with trying to figure out how to make things on my own anyway. Last night I sat down with some yarn and come up with this pattern. It is so super easy, and I think it turned out really cute so I just had to share it with you! And now the pattern....

Sherri
Photobucket

©Anita Elmore, a Knitting Junkie!
I am offering this pattern to you for free.
DO: Make as many as you want and give as gifts or sell locally to you.
DO NOT: Claim this pattern as your own, nor sell online.
Thank you for respecting my copyright.
Please enjoy!

Yarn: Worsted Weight
Needles: US size 6 circular or dpns
Gauge: 5 sts & 8 rows = 1"
MC = main color
CC = contrasting color

With MC, Cast on 96, with long-tail cast on.
Join and work in the round.
MC-Rounds 1-4: Knit around
CC-Rounds 5-12: Knit around
MC-Rounds 13-14: Knit around
CC-Round 15: Knit around
Round 16: *YO, K2tog*around
Round 17: Knit around
MC-Rounds 18-19: Knit around
CC-Round 20: Knit around
MC-Continue knitting until piece measures 5-5 1/2"
Begin Decrease Rounds:
Dec. Round 1: *K10, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 2 and remaining even decrease rounds: Knit around
Dec. Round 3: *K9, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 5: *K8, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 7: *K7, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 9: *K6, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 11: *K5, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 13: *K4, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 15: *K3, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 17: *K2, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 19: *K1, K2tog*around
Dec. Round 21: *K2tog*around
Finish: Cut yarn and draw through remaining sts.
Weave in ends.

and the friend...
Photobucket

Let me know what you think!
Love and hugs...
Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful hat. I could see it made in red. The pattern looks like hearts. Really cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Thank you for sharing♥
    Carol from Rachel's Knits Group

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute hat, thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Guys! I am so glad y'all like it. I agree, it does look like hearts, even in person. The pic doesn' do justice to the colors though. It is like a plum with lavender (not white, as it looks in the pic)as the contrasting color.
    Red is my favorite color, and had I been making it for me, that is probably what color it would have been.
    Happy Knitting Y'all!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice job. thank you for sharing with us
    grandma steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE, love, love it! Thanks for sharing the pattern! Bet your friend loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Miss Julep!
    I don't know yet. We are getting together on Saturday for her birthday and I'll be giving it to her then. I hope she loves it as much as you do!
    Happy Hookin' & Knittin'
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anita
    That is so cute.
    We are heading into winter so I am going to make a few of these.
    Lynda
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool Lynda!
    I made this one in a couple of evenings and I wasn't diligent about sitting down for long periods of time either, so it is a really quick knit. I'd love to see pics of how they turn out!!!
    Happy Knittin'!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet hat, thanks for being so generous and sharing it. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary Jalne,
    Thank you for your comments and you are very welcome...on both accounts!
    Happy Knitting!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this hat pattern! The colours you chose work so nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anita I love this pattern. Just saved it on my puter. Wonder how many of my family will get one of these for Christmas?? ha all of the females will.
    Thank you gurl.
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary Anne-Thanks!

    Patt-Ha! I hope that they all like it! You are very welcome. Happy to share!

    Big Hugs right back at ya babe!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, my birthday is in May and I am also a huge fan of purple, so if you cold, ya know, whip up a second, that would be fabulous! ;-)

    In all seriousness, love it! Great job on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brandie-Ha! Hey, what day IS your birthday? I'm a May baby too!
    Thanks girlie!
    Hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it, love the purple a lot and the white detail. Wish the hat my mom had knitted for me was that cute. Mine is kinda boring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the hat Anita, wonderful work girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Katie, thanks sweety! You sure know how to make a girl feel good!

    Debbie, I am so glad you stopped by my dear sweet friend! I love ya girl!

    Hugs, Health and Happiness,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com