Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Word of Thanks...

Thank You!
I am simply amazed and heart-warmed that so many of you left such kind and supportive comments. Thank you all so very much.
I also have to give a special 'Thank You' to Marianne of The New Frugal Mom who not only left some encouraging words for me, but check out what she awarded me with too!!!
Photobucket
I will be passing it along to a few fabulous bloggers as well, so keep your eyes open!


Me, Spiritually

This past week I felt myself being drawn even closer to God and a feeling of His peace has engulfed me. There were a couple of days that I was out of the house most of the day and didn't make time to read my Bible and meditate on His word, and I missed it. I could feel the difference verses the days that I do make that time for Him.


Me, Health-wise

I have to admit that I didn't eat very healthy this week though. However, I did stick to my personal resolution to be more active. I started using a timer when I am online or knitting. I allow myself 45 minutes and then I must get my rear in gear and do something productive for a while. It has really been very effective and I am starting to feel better already. I feel like I am getting much more accomplished around the house as well. Now I just need to work on eating healthier. Baby steps are good though, right?


Knitting!

I had such a wonderful experience last night! Wayne and I finally got the last of our W-2's yesterday afternoon and knowing that H&R Block would be super busy, I packed up what I needed to knit while we waited. I guess I had been sitting there knitting for about 45 minutes to an hour when one of the ladies that works there came up and asked me what I was knitting. I explained to her that I was working on a design of my own for a heart-shaped dishcloth and she was in aw and said she had never seen one heart-shaped before and asked me if I sell my patterns! I told her that right now I share my patterns for free here on my blog and that I would right down the pattern for her while they did our taxes. We chatted for a bit and of course, before I left she had the pattern, my email and my blog address. She was thrilled-and I walked out of there on cloud 9. Aaahh...the simple pleasures of life!

Of course, I do indeed plan on sharing the pattern with you all as well.
I am afraid that it will have to wait though. I have a new power cord on its way, but I am on the last of my battery for my laptop and it simply doesn't have enough charge for me to type it up right now.
However, I do want to share the link to a great pattern and a pic of the one that I whipped up as a Christmas present for Damon's little girlfriend's mom.
Photobucket
It is the eLoomanator's Diagonal Knit Dishcloth by Jana Trent.
Other than the heart cloth that I designed and plan on sharing with you, this is my very favorite cloth to knit up so far!
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

And that's all for now.
I write as long-winded as I talk and I am sure you are ready for a break from me by now!
Big Hugs...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog you have! I have bookmarked your site, and am now following you as well. I'll be back again!

    Shelley
    Kitten Knits Yarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shelley!
    You're awesome!
    Hugs,
    Anita
    a Knitting Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps indeed! You're doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Daniele!
    Big, big hugs,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com