Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This is a pattern that is so simple overall that I call it an *un*pattern.
I hope that it is helpful to you.
Please let me know of any errors you may find.
Hugs...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Basic 3x1-ribbed Fingerless Mitts

Materials:
US size 6 circular or dpn's (depends on the way you like to knit; I use the 2 on 2 circular method)
US size 8 straight needle (optional, for BO)
Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft in Black)
Small amount of smooth waste yarn such as cotton.
Guage: 6 sts x 7 rows=1"

For Each Mitt (Make 2):

CO 40
Divide between needles.

Join and work in the round.
Rounds 1-3: *K1, P1 *around
Rounds 4-35: *K3, P1 *around

Round 36: Using waste yarn, K7.
Return those 7 sts back to left needle and re-knit those 7 sts using main
yarn.
Continue knitting in pattern with the K3, P1 ribbing **Following the already
established ribbing**

Rounds 37-50: *K3, P1 *around
Rounds 50-53: *K1, P1 *around

BO: Loosely, or use size 8 straight needle.

Photobucket

Thumb:
Remove waste yarn and pick up live sts (7 sts on bottom needle/N1 & 6 sts on top needle/N2).

Round 1:
N1: K3, P1, K3, PU & purl 1 st. (8 sts)
N2: PU & knit 1 st, K2, P1, K3, PU & knit 1 st. (8 sts)

Round 2:
N1: PU & purl 1 st, K3, P1, K3, P1 (9 sts)
N2: K3, P1, K2, K2tog (7 sts)

Round 3-5:
N1: *P1, K3 *twice, P1
N2: K3, P1, K3

Rounds 6-8: *K1, P1 *around.

BO: Loosely, or use size 8 straight needle.
Weave in all ends and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I wish I knew how to knit, because I would knit them right now!!!
    Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to write such a kind and supportive comment on my latest post. It's nice to know you!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You are very welcome hun.
    Big hugs to you and a kiss on Kiddo's little forehead too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to attempt this! I am not very good at knitting as I taught myself...Can you explain the 2 on 2 a little more or should I just try to google it? Thank you so much for this pattern. My 4 kiddos (7,5,3,15months) all want me to make them these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that you are going to try these! I'd love to see pics of how they turn out! (aseknc at gmail dot com)

      I learned the 2 on 2 method from the book "Knitting Circles Around Socks" by Antje Gillingham and the way she explained it was so easy in the book, whereas none of the tutorials I'd found online prior to buying the book made sense. There may be some better tutorials online now though. It's been a while since I've sat down and knitting anything 2 on 2 and honestly, I'd have to pull my book out and do a quick refresher myself if I wanted to start a new project using that method.

      I'm so sorry that I can't be more help with that. ♥

      Delete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com