Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just thinking about my New Years Resolutions....

You know, I want for people to visit my blog. I do. More than that, I want people to ENJOY visiting my blog. I do not blog for money, I blog because I want to share with other knitters and other moms out there..I want to connect. This evening I have been perusing other blogs, trying to find one that I enjoy. One where I can relate to the blogger and I am here to tell you, it's HARD! I like reading blogs that are personal; one that makes me feel like the blogger is a personal friend. I also like reading blogs that have something for me; be it patterns, giveaways, tips, ideas....I want to feel like I am "walking away" with something. I DON'T like blogs that are hard to find my way around, ones that are too much advertising and not personal enough; I don't like blogs that aren't updated for weeks or even months. So herein lies my one and only New Year's resolution so far; I resolve to make my blog a place that is enjoyable to visit. How? I am going to work on being more personal...not just talking about myself but post as though I am talking to a dear friend. I will do my best to offer YOU, my friends something that you can "walk away" with, patterns, tips, links you will find helpful, etc. I will try to keep my blog easy to maneuver. I don't think there will be a problem with my blog being overrun by advertising, but I do resolve to keep that in check if it becomes an issue, lol. I also resolve to post at least weekly if not more frequently.

That is my resolution.
If there is anything I can do to help you enjoy your visits, please let me know!
Until next time...

9 comments:

  1. Good luck!! =)
    I'm a hit or miss blogger personally but I do the best I can. But really, my blog is ALL over the place with everything, which probably explains why I have so few readers LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandie!
    I am kind of all over the place alot too, but knitting is such a passion for me that it automatically ends up in almost every post. I have only a few readers myself, but I am fairly new to blogging so hopefully that will change in the new year.
    Hugs...
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way you do. I need to feel like I'm reading a friends blog and I love tips and links and freebies and contests that are super easy to join.
    Happy New Year 2009 to you and yours.
    I really love a blog that is posting on regularly as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm relatively new to all this blogging stuff but I like rambling on a bit about home stuff. I intend to learn to knit this year so I've bookmarked your blog. Enjoy!

    www.mrstwiddle.wordpress.com

    Stop by and say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patt, thanks for stopping by! I know that I need to work on everything, but probably the most important thing for me to work on is the regularity of my posts. I h.a.t.e to find a blog that I love the content on, so I start to follow them only to realize that they may go a month or more without posting! I have learned to pay attention to that before I start following now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MrsTwiddle,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I wondered around yours a little bit as well and I have to say, I really like the way you "talk to" your readers! I have subscribed to your blog's RSS feed so that I can get your updates.

    If you really want to learn how to knit, so you can make the scarf of your New Skills to Learn list No. 1, then I highly recommend knittinghelp.com they have wonderful, wonderful videos covering just about everything you need to help you learn.

    Good Luck!!!
    Hugs...Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, how lovely to have you stop by too! thanks very much indeed for the website info at knitting help, I just went out and bought 3 balls of Sirdar 'Juniper' wool and a pair of size 7 needles - now I have to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck in all your blogging endeavors...it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MrsTwiddle-I enjoyed my visit! Let me know if I can help you or answer any knitting questions for you!

    noble pig-Thanks for stopping by and for your well wishes!

    May you all have a wonderful 2009.
    Hugs...
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com