Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hubby's Birthday Present

Christmas is over and now we can breathe!
I hope that everyone had the most wonderful holiday this year, no matter what you celebrate. I did indeed have a wonderful Christmas!

I have to be honest and say that I was truly dreading it. We had an unexpected financial crisis come up and it has been slim pickins around here. The boys are teenagers now and their "toys" are getting more expensive. Guitars, amps, video game systems and games were among the wishes. For many years now, the kiddos have gotten three gifts each from us to represent the gifts brought to Baby Jesus by the three wise men. This has worked wonderfully in our family and is a blessing in more ways than one. I was still expecting some disappointment though when neither boy got anything that was on their lists. Jeremy got a pair of shoes that he was desperately needing, Damon got a hoodie with an electric guitar printed on it, they each got a pair of jeans (something both of them needed), and each of them got a king-size candy bar wrapped in a $20 bill. Let me now tell you how extremely blessed Wayne and I are as parents; neither boy showed an inkling of disappointment. None. They were both extremely appreciative and happy with what they got!

Now we have always tried to teach them to appreciate any gift that they receive, no matter what. It runs all over me to come across a child who complains about anything that someone was nice enough to give them. Regardless of whether or not is was something that they wanted, we tried to teach the boys that you are to be thankful for the giver's generosity and thoughtfulness. As parents you never really know if what you are teaching sinks in. Do they truly get it? When you see it in action, and you witness first hand that they have indeed absorbed what you have taught them...it truly warms your heart.

My knitted gifts that I made were all received well too, and my mom LOVED her headscarf!

I promised before that I would share pics of hubby's birthday present along with the link to the pattern, so without further ado...
Photobucket
I knit him this back & body scrubber from Mary Anne's free pattern HERE.
Photobucket
I used Peaches & Cream in Camel and Ecru. I was using scrap balls leftover from dishcloths I have made in the past, so I made "blocks" of the two colors instead of one solid color. I wanted to make sure that the colors that I used were not colors that would run in the hot water of the shower. He absolutely LOVED it. I mean it! He was really excited about it. It was an easy knit and I highly recommend it!

And now, it is time for me to get on with my daily duties.
Y'all have a great day!
Until I see you again,
Hugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com