Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a little ramblin'...well, maybe ranting

Ever have one of those days where you just seem to be on a roller coaster? You know the kind, you can't classify it as a bad day, but you sure couldn't classify it as a good one either. Well, that has been my day.

Here's been my roller coaster ride:
(going up) I woke up in a great mood!

(down we go) Then, first thing this morning I weighed myself and to my horror the number on the scale was one that I swore to myself I would never hit! I don't know why this was such a surprise to me since it hasn't been too much lower than said number for quite some time now, but it sure slapped me right across the face! That's it. I can't do this anymore. I have to buck up and slim down. It is a necessity. So, starting today, I am following the Weight Watchers Flex plan. I am writing everything down and counting points. This is going to be hard, I have a looooong way to go with this, so if ya'll would pray for me it would be much appreciated.

(YaY! I'm going back up!) Once I decided which path I was going to take on my weightloss journey, I felt very good and very determined. I felt like I could take on anything! I cleaned house, cooked, ran errands and even parked at the far end of the parking lot at the store in order to walk more.

(and back down) Later, a guy that I dated once upon a time looked me up on MySpace and got a hold of me. I really loved this guy (and still do to some extent), but things didn't work out. Well, when this guy got in touch with me, at first I was ecstatic! I loved hearing from him...that is until I learned that he was wanting to rekindle a relationship. I am married to a wonderful man and together we have two awesome boys; I am not in the market for another man! So, today I had to let my friend know that I could not in good conscious continue talking to him knowing that he wants more. I wished him well and told him not to lose sight of God then told him goodbye.

(up again!) Had a very productive day. Hubby came home to a clean house, a wonderful homecooked dinner and lots of smiles and love from his bride. After dinner I settled in to get some knitting done. I am making a pair of 'house socks' for my best friend and I can't wait to get them done. I finished the first sock just a bit ago...wooo-hooo!

(and down one more time) My oldest son Jeremy, who is almost 14, got upset out of the blue for who knows why. One minute he's happy, cuttin' up, having a great evening and then !bam! major mood swing! I asked him what was wrong and I get, "I. Really. Don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It." Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuse me! Normally I would have nipped the attitude right in the bud, but tonight I just didn't feel up to laying into him. I guess it just kind of stung because we have such an awesome relationship, that for him to bottle up really kinda hurts my feelings, ya know?

(up, up, up) I walked away and worked on the dinner dishes. I looked over the food journaling that I did and I did great today! So now, I am going to go to bed before anything else happens to bring me down! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com