Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I am such a dingleberry!

I got this pattern for these cute striped mittens last year in a mailing from Knit Simple magazine and I kept it, but didn't get around to making them until this year...just within the last couple of weeks. It is a very simple, quick knit and I wanted to make myself a pair. Well, my favorite color is red and I had some Caron Simply Soft yarn in Autumn Red & also some in Black so I set to making them. I got a pretty good little bit into it and decided that the red and black really looked more masculine so my darling hubby said, "Hey! You can make this pair for me!" so that is exactly what I decided to do. Things went very well...one mitten done and I was so proud! I couldn't get started on the second one fast enough, and finished it rather quickly....again very proud...that is, until I tried it on....I didn't make the adjustment to the pattern for the thumb to make it a right-handed mitten! I am such a dingleberry! I made two left-handed mittens. I have to laugh at myself a lot...can u tell? All is well though, I have finished all but the thumb on one right-handed mitten, so one thumb and one more righty is all that's left to do. Leave it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com