Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Absolutely De-licious!

It's the end of the week and at my house that tends to mean the cupboards are pretty freaking bare! While I hate it when we don't have much variety available, it does tend to motivate one to become pretty creative with what you do have. With that said, here is what I threw together with what I had on hand.

Ingredients used:
2 regular-sized cans green beans
1/4 of large onion, cut into chunks
large beef bouillon cube
2 Tbsp. bacon grease
--these were put in a pan together and cooked on medium heat.

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 of large onion, chopped
--cook these together until ground beef is browned and onions are soft

3 c. water
1/2 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
3 c. instant mashed potato flakes (I absolutely HATE instant mashed potatoes, but I think my mom gave us these and they worked out just peachy for this recipe....oh, and I was out of milk which the box called for but as part of this recipe, you can't even tell)
--boil water, salt and 4 Tbsp. butter. Remove from heat, add potato flakes and stir well. Add other 2 Tbsp. butter and mix well.

1 small can of tomato paste
broth from green beans
--mix paste with enough of the broth to form the consistency of tomato sauce.

Drain fat from ground beef and onions. Stir in tomato paste/broth mix. Drain remaining broth from green beans/onions. Spread out over ground beef/onions in skillet. Top with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!

All three of the men folk here at Chez KnittingJunkie's absolutely LOVED this and unanimously agreed that I needed to write this down and make it again. Unanimously people! A mommy can't get much higher praise than that!!

Please, try this and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com