Monday, September 29, 2008

Continental Knitting

I had intended on trying to write faithfully every day....apparently that's not gonna happen! Oh well, maybe I should just commit to writing when I can, lol. Any-who...I am pretty excited right now. My family is together & happy, our homeschool year is going great so far & I have learned Continental Style knitting...wooo-hoo! I don't know why that was such a big deal to me, other than that I am so obsessed with knitting that I want to learn every aspect of it....or maybe it's that I can't stand the thought of something beating me...hmmmm. Ok, I have tried to learn this style of knitting before, but just could not for the life of me get the hang of it! Then, I came across this link to this amazing speed knitter, and finally it clicked!!! Woo-hoo...I was inspired & I got it! Purling continental was kicking my butt though, so once I got the knitting down I was on a hunt for a video that would inspire me with purling as well. I found this one & this one on YouTube & wooo-hooo, by georgies, I got it!! It still isn't as easy as the english style knitting, but it has clicked, I can do it, & practice makes perfect! Actually, I am really enjoying knitting (and purling) continental style, and that is a real shock for me.

Ok, I'm off to school the littles & cuddle the kitteh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love comments from you and do my best to respond to each one, either on the post or (if you leave your email address) to you individually.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to visit with me a while!

Hugs & Blessings,
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com