Baby projects are great take-alongs, offer quick gratification for my short attention span and the finished products are so darn cute! Not to mention they give me another way to give back to my community and the young men, women and children that I serve at the pregnancy center. Here are my most recent finished projects, along with my notes about the patterns used.
First up is the "Garter Stitch" Baby Booties by Knittin' Kiti.
I used Red Heart Luster Sheen Sport Weight Yarn and US size 2 needles.
This was a great quick, easy pattern. I know that I will be making more of these booties in the future. I used
Next is Whit's Knits: Toddler Socks by Whitney from The Purl Bee by Purl Soho.
The free pattern can be found here.
I used Red Heart Luster Sheen Sport Weight Yarn and US size 2 needles. I have always loved patterns from The Purl Bee and this one is no different. As always, easy to read and follow. I made the legs of mine just a bit shorter.
Last, but most definitely not least, is this sweet little baby bonnet Béguin de Printemps by Lili Comme Tout.
The free pattern download can be found here on Ravelry and is available in English and French.
I used Jojoland Tonic Light Worsted Weight Yarn and US 3 and US 4 needles.
I loved this pattern, and especially love the finished project! I didn’t have any problems following it and feel that it was well written. I will most likely be making more of these in a variety of colors! :-)
In the notes it is specified that the seed stitch pattern is an 8 row repeat, but in the pattern, it only shows Rows 1-7….Don’t forget row 8! (I’m bad to skip the notes and go straight to the pattern and almost went from row 7 straight to row 1 -- OOPS! Luckily, I wasn’t in mindless mode yet. :-P)
I made the smallest size, and when I got to 11 cm (approx. 4.3 inches) I was in the middle of the stitch pattern, so I continued until I completed the stitch pattern set before beginning decrease.
Decreasing as written, the bonnet ends up with a bit of a point at the end of the decreases. If I create another bonnet (which I most likely will…I LOVE this little thing!) then I will re-work the decreases so that it is more rounded and less pointy.
For the i-cord ties, the pattern called for 22 cm (approx. 8.7 inches) on each side, but I was afraid that wouldn’t be long enough to tie, so I worked for about 10 inches on each side. That was pretty good, but next time I may even go for 11 inches.
I hope that if you decide to try any of these patterns you will enjoy them as much as I did and that my notes may be of some help.
In the meantime....
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1 ESV
Links used in this post: